Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At a meet to day for test rides on the Renntech Germany A45 ecu tune flash and uprated turbo with clubsport coilovers on 19's with pagid pads front and back producing 459 bhp... that looks like the limit of the engine only because of the transmission is the weakpoint... most of the guys who drive the A45 in UK said it was unbelieveabley quick considering the uprated suspension and brake pads.

Interesting point in the discussion was even a larger intake or downpipe or midpipe or both did not give anymore power which I was surprised to hear... don't know how the tuning is going over the pond in the US... but this is the latest from Europe... I did hear that Bilstein is making road kit for the GLA 45 but no further information as yet.. springs are available but I think a full kit setup is better and adjustable for daily and track days..

It would be nice to know your comments and thoughts on upgrades for the GLA 45...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A45 is totally different in spec for size, boot and ease of entering the front seats, A45 is so low down for elderly people to get in and out parents... GLA is a better all rounder here in UK, more space. curious question... you don't get the A45 in US, so what car have you gone for...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Everyone..
New to the forum, but have had the car since October..Its growing on me more each day....ESPECIALLY after todays add on's I can now say I truly love the car.
Today, my son and I installed a Kleeman K-Box($1800) and AMS Hi flow air filter system($300.00). Had a before and after Dyno Session and I was getting 366 HP prior to the mods, and am now running at 432 HP. The car off the line is dramatically different, and the top end as well is greatly improved. If you want the most bang for your buck, I would suggest the above.
I live in CT and am not a wiz on installs, but was able to do both myself.
The only complaint I now have on the car is the terrible bluetooth sound quality and connectivity. Everyone on the other end says I sound like I'm in a fishbowl...Might look into Dynamatt to quiet down the interior. If I want a loud interior I can drive my GTR with 800 hp..lol.
Cheers All,
Keith

1 - 4 of 4 Posts