Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone explain how the Distronic star is removed and replaced? The 3D star is easy, just twist and it pops off. The Distronic 2D one has no where to grab and has plastic tabs all around it.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Just curious why your removing it ??
It's a pretty sensitive piece of equipment..
Done drop it ��

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just curious why your removing it ??
It's a pretty sensitive piece of equipment..
Done drop it
I bought my car ('15 GLA45 AMG) off the lot and it did not have Distronic.

This is my first MB and as I have explored the car, I discovered that the Star emblem on the grill just takes a firm twist and it pops out. Bad design, in fact, my wife saw a Benz in NYC driving around with a gaping hole >:D

I noticed when I popped the Star out that the bracket for the long-range radar sensor was there. I then thought that I might want to upgrade the car to Distronic+ at some point since I have Collision Protection Plus as well as Adaptive Braking--both needed for Distronic+.

When a Distronic Star came up on eBay I offered the guy $60 (shipping included) and he shipped it to me.

I want to put the Distronic Star on and see if I like the look--but I also want to be able to get it off if I don't, regardless of what I do with the Distronic+ plan.

Apparently it is very easy to break the plastic tabs on a Distronic Star.

If I do keep the Distronic Star on there, the 3D star makes a great candy dish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.