Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I have purchased a Ultra Racing front strut bar for my GLA45, and need some guidance on how to remove the electronic suspension sensor on front strut. I've been looking all over trying to figure it out but can't find anything, not even the part itself in case I break it and need to buy a replacement.

Hopefully someone here can help me out? Maybe even a quick video showing how it's done?

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 MB GLA250 4MATIC Avantgarde Edition
136 Posts
Ok, so I don’t have a 45, so I can’t confirm what I‘m about to tell you. Firstly, the yellow circle in the image I’ve attached is probably the clip for the sensor. The red circle is probably the locking mechanism that you should be able to open using a small flathead screwdriver with light leverage.

given that it‘s a surface-mounted sensor that probably doesn’t require a lot of work to disconnect, maybe just go to the dealer and ask them to unplug it for you. They won’t even charge you labour or make you book it in. Parking lot fix basically. otherwise just ask the tech how to do it and DIY.

Side note, where did you get that hood strut? I don’t really like to use the prop bar and a gas strut would be really nice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, so I don’t have a 45, so I can’t confirm what I‘m about to tell you. Firstly, the yellow circle in the image I’ve attached is probably the clip for the sensor. The red circle is probably the locking mechanism that you should be able to open using a small flathead screwdriver with light leverage.

given that it‘s a surface-mounted sensor that probably doesn’t require a lot of work to disconnect, maybe just go to the dealer and ask them to unplug it for you. They won’t even charge you labour or make you book it in. Parking lot fix basically. otherwise just ask the tech how to do it and DIY.

Side note, where did you get that hood strut? I don’t really like to use the prop bar and a gas strut would be really nice.
thanks for the reply, it doesn't seem there is an attached image, but I will most likely bring it to my usual mechanic for advice.

I got the gas hood strut from Aliexpress, definitely makes it look more premium and makes me feel safer working in the engine bay.

·
Registered
2020 MB GLA250 4MATIC Avantgarde Edition
136 Posts
thanks for the reply, it doesn't seem there is an attached image, but I will most likely bring it to my usual mechanic for advice.

I got the gas hood strut from Aliexpress, definitely makes it look more premium and makes me feel safer working in the engine bay.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Rim Motor vehicle
My bad. Here it is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok I've got this sorted through the weekend, to remove the sensor is fairly easy, just use a large flathead screwdriver and use leverage to slightly pry up the sensor, there is 2 small clips inside that clicks into the yellow bit. On one of the sides the yellow clip wasn't secured onto the strut so the whole thing came out. Just rememeber to pry it up slow and easy.
Automotive tire Gas Automotive wheel system Rim Engineering
Automotive tire Rim Gas Auto part Circle
Automotive tire Rim Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system Gas
Automotive tire Rim Gas Auto part Circle
Automotive tire Rim Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system Gas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts