Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Some kids heavily scratched the back panel of my driver seat. I was wondering whether it is possible for me to remove the panel and replace them with new ones? If yes, how do I remove the back panel?

Please help. I am in very desperate need of it. Thanks!
They are held on by two screws at the bottom of the plastic piece, unfortunately, these are hidden under a fabric piece that I cannot figure out.
Check out
This shows you how to get them off, but the key bit of removing fabric cover from the screws is missing or unclear.

Once you get the screws off, you just pull it off (it's held on at the top by some hefty braces and mid-way by a couple of clips.

·
Registered
2015 GLA 4matic
169 Posts
Did anyone ever figure out how to get past that fabric piece in order to access the 2 screws? I feel like I am looking at one of those puzzle boxes where the first step seems impossible but the it opens up the whole process once you figure it out. Many thanks in advance!

They are held on by two screws at the bottom of the plastic piece, unfortunately, these are hidden under a fabric piece that I cannot figure out.
Check out
This shows you how to get them off, but the key bit of removing fabric cover from the screws is missing or unclear.

Once you get the screws off, you just pull it off (it's held on at the top by some hefty braces and mid-way by a couple of clips.

·
Registered
2015 GLA 4matic
169 Posts
Did anyone ever figure out how to get past that fabric piece in order to access the 2 screws? I feel like I am looking at one of those puzzle boxes where the first step seems impossible but the it opens up the whole process once you figure it out. Many thanks in advance!
I did it! (Yes, I am talking to myself here now). I already had the tool from when I had to pull my air vent for this fun little project. Seeing this video https://youtu.be/ovKVDGikLck?t=10 really helped because I see how hard you have to pull. I would never have tried that hard if I didn't know I had to. Just slide that little hook in there, turn it 90 degrees and pull while cringing and praying to the German Car Gods!

So, my back panel is off (I am adding bungie nets to the back of both front seats), but boy it doesn't look like it will be easy to get that fabric trim piece back in again! I will post more once I get to that point. For now, I'm just concentrating on retrofitting the backrests for the bungie nets. So, you might want to stay tuned before pulling your own cover panels off. I'll be your test pilot!

Here's a video of my taking the thing off (sorry it got fuzzy in the middle, I dropped the phone)
Here's a photo of the channel where the fabric strip thing goes (there are six little clips inside the channel it will have to get pushed behind again to go back)

·
Registered
2015 GLA 4matic
169 Posts
Putting that strip back on isn't so bad after all. Just start in the middle and push really, really hard. Refer to the picture in my previous post for where the clips/lips are on the inside of the panel to see where you need to snap it. Once it snaps in, you can snap it in on each side working outwards. Here's my sloppy video (me trying to do it with one hand while holding the camera in the other): New video by Christine Seel

Just start in the center and push HARD until it snaps back in. Have fun!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.