Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for info if anyone knows if there is a remote start offered for my car. It is not equipped with pushbutton start or keyless doors either.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Try Mid City Engineering | Mid City Engineering. I had their remote starter installed on my GLA250. I also added the Drone Mobile module so I could start it from my phone. It was $800-1000 all told.
In terms of MB warranty, do you know if they are ok with this installation ? I would love to have this, but I do not want any issues when servicing the vehicle etc..
Thx

·
Registered
180 Posts
I am not sure but, from what I hear, this is the remote starter that MB recommends. In any case, they would have to,prove tha the remote starter actually caused the problem. You have a right to install after market gear without voiding your warranty.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am not sure but, from what I hear, this is the remote starter that MB recommends. In any case, they would have to,prove tha the remote starter actually caused the problem. You have a right to install after market gear without voiding your warranty.
Op, sorry to hijack your thread. I am interested on this as well.
I will touch base with my dealer regarding this install. Thanks for the tip.
What are your opinion on this remote starter? Do you ever experience any issues with the App ?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have had it throw CEL lights for invalid immobilizer key. Nothing serious, just annoying. Other than that, it's worked well. Not sure on the part #. My stereo guy, also does remote starters and he had done this one on other cars. He handled it all.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have had it throw CEL lights for invalid immobilizer key. Nothing serious, just annoying. Other than that, it's worked well. Not sure on the part #. My stereo guy, also does remote starters and he had done this one on other cars. He handled it all.
When you say CEL lights, I am guessing that this has happened more than once ? What happens to the vehicle when this occurs ?
What was the work around to have this issue resolved ?
I would like to know what to expect prior to purchase.
Thx !

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yes, more than once. There has been no solution provided, but I haven't really pushed the matter. The worst thing that happens is that you can't put the transmission into gear, but this is solved by turning off the ignition and restarting it. I had heard that they had come out with a new remote starter module that addressed the CEL issue, but I haven't gotten a replacement because it happens so infrequently.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I went to PC Richard and they said that this was the only one in their system that works for the GLA: iDatalink - ADS-BZ4

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anybody in Canada (Calgary) been able to get a remote starter installed.

I have contacted the dealership and local installer and was advised that nothing is available in Canada because of how new the vehicle is, there is no factory security bypass available yet.

Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts