Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got industrious this weekend and installed most of a Remin "wood" dash kit on the wife's GLA. Some of the small pieces looked odd when dry fitted so I didn't bother with them. Likewise, I didn't put the trim around the display screen as it just seemed to stand out too much. Unfortunately the real wood kits they had were the totally wrong color and grain and did not match the factory installed wood (if it is actually wood) so I had to get the synthetic product. This stuff is just plain rubbery to the touch but I think it still looks marginally better than all the black plastic it covered. It's just the feel of it that bothers me. In the bright sunlight it matches real well with the factory stuff. The factory dash trim was not something I would have got had I been special ordering, but it was on the car with everything else my wife wanted so ....

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was the installation hard to do?
The most difficult part was literally removing the pieces from the sticky board they were attached to when I received them. Otherwise it was simple.

Looks good to me. What were the parts you didn't install?
Thanks.

The pieces not installed are circled in yellow on the attached schematic.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not in Canada

We cannot get the GLA 45 with wood dash (the wave) in Canada. My wife loves that look. Anyone know if a kit that can cover the brushed aluminum wave in the dash?

Thanks,
KanataAMG45

1 - 9 of 9 Posts