Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I've had my GLA250 sport premium for just over a week now and I must say that I'm pretty impressed by Mercedes after switching from Infiniti but... I do regret not going with the premium plus model with the LED bi xenon options. Being pretty handy (or so I'm led to believe ) is this an upgrade thats pretty straight forward? As in buying the proper parts and switching them or is it more complicated? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
272 Posts
I think other people have looked into and perhaps done this. if you type "led" into the search bar at the top right, I think that you may find some threads that would give you the info you are looking for.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Retrofitting xenon headlights is possible, but you have to keep in mind that
this will be a cost prohibitive retrofit! Besides the actual headlights,
you will also need some extra control units, additional parts for the auto
leveling system. And if you want to get the headlight washer system, you
will be needing a new front bumper, too.

·
Registered
36 Posts
but then again, to few to mention............ sorry, couldn't get the song out of my head!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice, I think I can do without the headlight washer system but didn't factor in the levelling system. What to do, what to do....

·
Registered
180 Posts
I really thought the normal headlights on the CLA without bi-xenon were sub-standard. When I traded for a GLA, I made sure I got the bi-xenons.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I really thought the normal headlights on the CLA without bi-xenon were sub-standard. When I traded for a GLA, I made sure I got the bi-xenons.
My GLA45 AMG came with the Bi-Xenons standard. They were not even listed on the sticker.

·
Registered
180 Posts
My GLA45 AMG came with the Bi-Xenons standard. They were not even listed on the sticker.
Nice! I am envious that you have a GLA45. I decided not to get one because I couldn't afford the "upkeep" costs. Of course I mean the extra cash for speeding tickets. I can't be trusted with that much HP.

·
Registered
35 Posts

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts