Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I just upgraded both my Primary and Axillary Heat Exchangers as well as my Intercooler.

Is there any special or proper way to fill the coolant back up? Can I just pour the coolant into the reservoir until full, then run the car with the cap off until air bubbles have been bled out?

I keep seeing some videos showing the use of a pressure system to refill the coolant. I'm hoping its not something that is completely necessary... or else I'm stuck big time.

Thanks,

Shane

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Hey all,

I just upgraded both my Primary and Axillary Heat Exchangers as well as my Intercooler.

Is there any special or proper way to fill the coolant back up? Can I just pour the coolant into the reservoir until full, then run the car with the cap off until air bubbles have been bled out?

I keep seeing some videos showing the use of a pressure system to refill the coolant. I'm hoping its not something that is completely necessary... or else I'm stuck big time.

Thanks,

Shane
Where is the resevoir?

I built a LAIC for my speed3, several itirations, many tweaks, mods,
and refills..
the nature of the system makes bleeding a *****, so, yeah power bleed

·
Registered
82 Posts
You will need to constantly check the fluid. Just when I thought it was full it took another 1/2 gallon over the course of a week, 1/2 cup at a time.

·
Super Moderator
1,872 Posts
Yep, common on just some cars. My 2017 has been fine but I chalk that up to luck.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
right on, I was reading a code thread a few days ago with some references to an expensive labor job and an insulated hose

is this related ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts