Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to endeavor to upgrade the 8" screen on my 2015 GLA AMG to the 10.25:. My main question is that there are many screens available from different locations. Which one is the recommended if anyone can give feedback.

(chinese) good communication - $580

Mercedes Benz CLA / GLA -Class W176 10.25" Android Widescreen Touch Screen Tesla Size - $579
(Malaysia) good communication

? - $490

(sweden) good communication on email, no communication by phone - $810

(uk) good communication but most expensive by difference - $900

Installation should be all very similiar or the same. As of now I am leaning for DMP (android 10, bluetooth carplay, good communication and good price), any feedback please? I have read some of these screens have issues with the sound, is this true? And the most important question, how difficult it is to install it?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am going to endeavor to upgrade the 8" screen on my 2015 GLA AMG to the 10.25:. My main question is that there are many screens available from different locations. Which one is the recommended if anyone can give feedback.

Mercedes Benz CLA / GLA -Class W176 10.25" Android Widescreen Touch Screen Tesla Size - $579

? - $490

Installation should be all very similiar or the same. As of now I am leaning for DMP (android 10, bluetooth carplay, good communication and good price), any feedback please? I have read some of these screens have issues with the sound, is this true? And the most important question, how difficult it is to install it?

Thanks in advance!
Any luck?

? - $490

Thanks in advance!
Any luck?

·
Registered
254 Posts
CKM car design is a good source and DMP car design.
I bought mine for the C63 and installed it, from DMP.
These guys are often mentioned in the relevant threads on MBWorld.
A good source is a source that is there to stay and won't vanish as a site, couple month down the line.
Also, a good source stands behind the product for a long time.
I recently, roughly 4 months ago asked DMP if they had any firmware update for my unit purchased in 2020.
I was hoping to improve the quality of the sound for the recipients of my phone calls placed from this unit.
Not only did DMP have the firmware, but this also improved the quality of the sound output via the factory Harman Kardon aux-in connection.
These days there is available also a 12" unit, at least for the C63.
Meanwhile Mercedes finally caught up and the 2022 GLC300 that I got as a loaner finally has a touch screen 10.25" infotainment unit.
Oh, one other thing: this Chinese Android unit does have a momentary display at the bottom for any HVAC commands, just like the Factory one.
I am hoping that in the future the Chinese units get the engine performance screen. The Factory 2022 did have a boost gauge there, as well as HP and ftlb.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts