Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here... 2015 250 GLA with about 57k miles and regular dealership service.

About two weeks ago I was driving and my car completely lost power and gave a message "Collision Prevention Assist Plus Inoperative? or something like that. I had the car flat bed to the dealership. They said the car was having problems with the computer system because of the throttle actuator. They had the car for two days, didn't repair anything and just reset something... idk $198 later and my car is working. I don't have time to mess around.. Car was fine for a week. This weekend I got the same error and I learned I could reset the throttle myself... So i did, and cleared the code and bam back to normal.

Welp fast forward to this afternoon, getting in the car afterwork. Check engine light comes on. I run my scanner and pull P052E - Positive Crankcase Ventilation Regulator Valve.

Not sure about this now. Couldn't find anything relevant to GLA in regards to this code. So I was wondering if anyone has this in the past, or has access to software/manual to tell me which part I need to buy and I will replace it this weekend.... I'm tired of searching the internet and I don't trust my dealer anymore after the last couple visits.

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
1,558 Posts
First thing I'd do is check the battery and connections. Multiple various codes ... central cause ... voltage problems.

Good luck and please let us know what you find.

·
Registered
569 Posts
You have a 2015 with 57k it should still be under warranty, Get to the dealer if this is a true statement before you cross the the 60k mark.

·
Registered
608 Posts
New here... 2015 250 GLA with about 57k miles and regular dealership service.

About two weeks ago I was driving and my car completely lost power and gave a message "Collision Prevention Assist Plus Inoperative? or something like that. I had the car flat bed to the dealership. They said the car was having problems with the computer system because of the throttle actuator. They had the car for two days, didn't repair anything and just reset something... idk $198 later and my car is working. I don't have time to mess around.. Car was fine for a week. This weekend I got the same error and I learned I could reset the throttle myself... So i did, and cleared the code and bam back to normal.

Welp fast forward to this afternoon, getting in the car afterwork. Check engine light comes on. I run my scanner and pull P052E - Positive Crankcase Ventilation Regulator Valve.

Not sure about this now. Couldn't find anything relevant to GLA in regards to this code. So I was wondering if anyone has this in the past, or has access to software/manual to tell me which part I need to buy and I will replace it this weekend.... I'm tired of searching the internet and I don't trust my dealer anymore after the last couple visits.

Thanks in advance
By strange coincidence, I recently had a water pump replaced and the high pressure fuel sensor replaced and a day or so after I picked the car up, the check engine light came on and when I had my local garage put the code reader on, it was P052E. I am still under warranty and I made an appointment with the dealer for a week later. They told me if the car was performing normally, I should still drive it, and it was and I did. After about two days the light went off, and has not come back on. I cancelled the appointment. Maybe you should run the car for a few days and see if it self clears.

·
Registered
569 Posts
By strange coincidence, I recently had a water pump replaced and the high pressure fuel sensor replaced and a day or so after I picked the car up, the check engine light came on and when I had my local garage put the code reader on, it was P052E. I am still under warranty and I made an appointment with the dealer for a week later. They told me if the car was performing normally, I should still drive it, and it was and I did. After about two days the light went off, and has not come back on. I cancelled the appointment. Maybe you should run the car for a few days and see if it self clears.
Yes erase the codes and see it it will return in a short time. Sometimes the car will hiccup and create a code and everything is okay. If the code returns in a short time than it time to do something to fix a problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just got the same issue come up..
Check engine light came on I ran a scan and P052E came up.
52k km, still under warranty. 2016 GLA250.
Have to wait til Jan 7th before I can bring it in..ridiculous. Toronto mercedes group..

·
Registered
608 Posts
I just got the same issue come up..
Check engine light came on I ran a scan and P052E came up.
52k km, still under warranty. 2016 GLA250.
Have to wait til Jan 7th before I can bring it in..ridiculous. Toronto mercedes group..
Does it drive ok? Maybe by the time your appointment rolls around, the code will clear itself.

·
Super Moderator
1,558 Posts
This implies a problem regarding your PVC valve. Make sure you don't have any loose hoses under the hood.

Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
608 Posts
My instance of the PO52e code happened after the high pressure fuel sensor and water pump were replaced. Presumably they came down from above to access these, and maybe had to disconnect reconnect tubing. Perhaps they tried to turn the engine over before all hoses were hooked back up, and threw the code then. That may be why the code fixed itself after I drove for awhile. I wish I could tell you where it is, but what Wayne says makes a lot of sense. Pop the plastic engine cover off, take a close look and see if a hose is hanging; maybe even make sure the hoses you can reach are tight.

19 Posts
Yes erase the codes and see it it will return in a short time. Sometimes the car will hiccup and create a code and everything is okay. If the code returns in a short time than it time to do something to fix a problem.
I did have something similar in another benz when my battery gone bad and revived. Got whole bunch of weird codes and errors.

·
Registered
197 Posts
where is this pcv valve. any photos?

This is the key, where is it located on these cars? Wayne is right, this is related to the PCV valve, usually a very cheap item that needs replacement, at least in older cars, every 4-5 years depending on miles driven. There usually would be a hose where (I think) spent fumes from the crankcase get brought back up into the intake for reburn (emissions related).

Could it be under the nice plastic top/hoodie, they usually hide this ugly stuff?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Update, the code disappeared. I will keep my appointment just in case it does reappear.
I had the same situation that you had-the dealer did not think that code was a critical issue, and I had to take an appointment in a week. I hate going to the dealer, so after my code cleared by itself, I cancelled the appointment. It has been about 2 months. Car operation is normal and the code did not reappear. I am interested in what your dealer says.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any update on this issue? I have a 2014 CLA 250 with the same PCV performance error.
Since the parts were expensive at the dealer, I salvaged them off of a crashed car at the junkyard. I understand the entire air intake line needs to be replaced. The oil separator and oil filter coming off of the engine vent(which is at the back of the engine),feeds in the turbo intake shown by the diagrams. Does anyone have the steps to do it? I know there are some electronics involved. Trying to be very careful.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts