Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a pair of the Recaro seats, but my wife prefers the stock sport seats that come on the GLA 45. I can live with the stock seats, so thinking about trying to sell the Recaros to maintain marital bliss. Not sure if I want to bother pulling them and listing them for sale unless there would be genuine interest. Anybody know of someone that might be interested in these? They obviously work for the CLA as well.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I bought a pair of the Recaro seats, but my wife prefers the stock sport seats that come on the GLA 45. I can live with the stock seats, so thinking about trying to sell the Recaros to maintain marital bliss. Not sure if I want to bother pulling them and listing them for sale unless there would be genuine interest. Anybody know of someone that might be interested in these? They obviously work for the CLA as well.

Thanks in advance.
What is the $? Any pictures available?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$2800 firm and that would be for a local pickup in the central Virginia area. I'm not necessarily opposed to shipping them, but they're large and heavy, and I wouldn't know how to even go about shipping something like this. Buyer would obviously need to pay for shipping costs and maybe a small premium to cover the hassle of shipping. By the way, these are the ones with the red stitching and highlights. I can send pictures to anyone that's seriously interested.

Thx

·
Registered
816 Posts
Shipping can be done by FedEx Ground (due to weight of each box), but the real challenge is packaging to ensure there can be no damage during transport. I had my C6 Corvette seats redone to a Recaro style and had to ship to Caravaggio Corvettes in Canada and the packaging (which I did myself) were about $75 alone.

Once seats are removed will need to bolt onto a piece of plywood for a rigid base

I used FedEx boxes…two per seat… one for bottom half and slipping the other over for the top half. Seat was wrapped in bubble wrap, filler tubes used in the corners, extra cardboard protection where needed

Then filled with 'popcorn' and sealed

I only mention this since shipping is expensive (total for packing materials, my labor…about 3 hours and FedEx shipping was about $350)

So yes, "local pickup" is the best option.

Good Luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts