Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter sits in a booster seat on the rear right hand / driver's side. I receive a fasten seatbelt notification even after she has fastened her seatbelt. Brand new car. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
740 Posts
Are you sure you snapped the belt into the correct buckle? There three belts and three buckles and they must match when buckled.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am not sure the rear seatbelt warning works the same way as the front. The front seats have a sensor so that if no one is sitting in the passenger seat, the warning doesn't come on.

The rear warning always comes on in a panel in the middle of the drivers screen. The rear seats show as amber. I believe that if a seat belt is clipped in, that seat is shown as grey, but the warning remains. To get rid of the warning panel, Which comes on every time you start the car, just press the back arrow on the rhs of the steering wheel. I think its in one of the frequently asked questions in this youtube link.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you sure you snapped the belt into the correct buckle? There three belts and three buckles and they must match when buckled.
You are right. The correct buckle is recessed and inaccessible with a booster seat installed. I hadn't even spotted it. It's more obvious on the other side because there is no other option, but it's still too difficult for my six-year old. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not sure the rear seatbelt warning works the same way as the front. The front seats have a sensor so that if no one is sitting in the passenger seat, the warning doesn't come on.

The rear warning always comes on in a panel in the middle of the drivers screen. The rear seats show as amber. I believe that if a seat belt is clipped in, that seat is shown as grey, but the warning remains. To get rid of the warning panel, Which comes on every time you start the car, just press the back arrow on the rhs of the steering wheel. I think its in one of the frequently asked questions in this youtube link.

Great video. Really helpful. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts