Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone figured out how to remove the rear headrest? Mainly the center one. Can't stand seeing those supports when the armrest is down.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I think only the outer seats in the back can be removed, not the middle.

From the manual:

Removing and fitting the rear seat head restraints

The rear head restraints on the outer seats can be removed and refitted. For vehicles with sports seats the rear head restraints cannot be removed and refitted.

Reactions: gurneyeagle

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think only the outer seats in the back can be removed, not the middle.

From the manual:

Removing and fitting the rear seat head restraints

The rear head restraints on the outer seats can be removed and refitted. For vehicles with sports seats the rear head restraints cannot be removed and refitted.

Sorry, do you have a page reference? I can't seem to find it in the PDF of the manual that I have.

Thanks!

·
Registered
470 Posts
I use the online owners manual: GLA - Interactive Owner's Manual

Just follow the link above, go to Owners Manual > Seats, Steering Wheel & Mirrors drop down on the left side > Seats > thenon the main screen or click on Adjusting Head Restraints

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bumping this as I, too, would like to remove the rear head rests from the non-sport seats. I followed the instructions in the online interactive owner's manual and was unsuccessful. Note that the online manual differs from my printed and pdf manuals, which are specific to the US and neither of which indicates that the head rests can be removed. Maybe they cannot be removed in the US?

Anyone in the US had any luck removing them? The added rear visibility with them removed would be appreciated. Thanks.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts