Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed a couple of days ago that the bumper cover on the left rear of the car has become misaligned at the joint with the left rear fender. (See photo.) This was not the case when I waxed it three weeks ago. The rest of the bumper seems normal with no damage. Has anyone else's GLA exhibited this condition?

Attachments

·
Registered
353 Posts
Now that you mentioned it, I went down to the garage and took a look and even though it is not as obvious as yours, mine sticks out a bit and it has more "play" when I press it, as compared the the right side.

Something to inform my Service Advisor when I next bring it in.

Thanks for the highlight!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Seems like maybe some clip gave up on life, what ever it is, looking forward to see what exactly it is. Hopefully not something wide spread

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just saw this thread. Interestingly enough, mine had that exact issue when I was looking at it to buy (obviously took delivery anyway). The dealer was able to fix it and it was a problematic clip. Does seem odd that this exact thing has happened with other GLAs ...

·
Registered
11 Posts
All GLA's have this problem on the left rear side (i think).
Our has it too (new car). It was already repaired by the dealer but it's still not okay.
We did complain a few times but they can not help it.
If this is the MB quality then it will be our last Mercedes we ever buy !

Attachments

·
Registered
694 Posts
I'm starting to believe it could be due to how those bumpers were formed, at times you need to adjust the screws in the back and with adjustment they'll do the job but in cases where it returns... it shows there's some resistance going on.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm starting to believe it could be due to how those bumpers were formed, at times you need to adjust the screws in the back and with adjustment they'll do the job but in cases where it returns... it shows there's some resistance going on.
I had this on my gla as well and I have to push it in and eventually it come back out. I had it since the day I got the car. I guess is bad design!

After owning 6 BMW. This is my first Benz and I was very disappointed with the quality and design. it will be my last Benz as well.

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
Mine is perfect, always has been.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I had this on my gla as well and I have to push it in and eventually it come back out. I had it since the day I got the car. I guess is bad design!

After owning 6 BMW. This is my first Benz and I was very disappointed with the quality and design. it will be my last Benz as well.
Well, having done body work on some of my vehicles and adjusting bumpers and so on. That could be a way to go about it, but something I believe the dealer should do, although I can get some folks will take off the bumper and look for where adjustments can be made

·
Registered
2 Posts
Brand new gla and two months later I’m having this same issue, took it to the dealer 3 times and they keep saying they fixing the issue but every time it just gets worst.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts