Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Canadian delivery - just got my GLA250 on Thursday (ordered January) - love the car so far but where is my sunglass holder? I have a panaromic roof, but manual appears to show the storage compartment even when there is a sunroof, so perhaps this is a factory miss? No under seat storage, no folding mirrors, no garage door buttons under the mirror, so please at least give me my sunglass holder!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey!
Sorry for the way you feel.

However i have to ask, what does Canadian Delivery mean??

·
Registered
355 Posts
Canadian delivery - just got my GLA250 on Thursday (ordered January) - love the car so far but where is my sunglass holder? I have a panaromic roof, but manual appears to show the storage compartment even when there is a sunroof, so perhaps this is a factory miss? No under seat storage, no folding mirrors, no garage door buttons under the mirror, so please at least give me my sunglass holder!
I know what you mean. Noticed that mine doesn't come with the sunglasses holder and no mirror garage door buttons.

I wonder if it is easy to retrofit the mirror with garage door buttons...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Oh Ok!

Well I asked because when I ordered my GLA on the PO that I have with me the last item says

##### Mercedes Benz CAN #####

I was wondering what that number is; I am in US though.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Sunglasses holder is such a small thing. I don't really ever use it. If anything i put an extra pair in there in case I leave my actual pair at home or something. I imagine that it isn't too difficult to order the part and install it though.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I find it strange that US and Canadian versions of the car would be so different.
I know what you mean, the needs of Canadians and Americans are very similar, aside from the need for more cold weather features for Canadians, which Americans in northern states can also make use of.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 'Canadian delivery' has the sunglass holder, garage door opener buttons and under seat storage.

I wonder which option i picked has all these features

·
Registered
694 Posts
My 'Canadian delivery' has the sunglass holder, garage door opener buttons and under seat storage.

At least it was available some how through the ordering process by which ever package or option you checked off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I ordered my car in late January, just got delivery last week. I got the GLA250 with Sport pkg & Premium pkg, so what did I miss here? Seems odd those things would be part of a package. When did you order and what packages did you get?

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
My USA version GLA250 was built in July and delivered in October. It has Premium Package which includes the garage door opener on the mirror and sunglass holder.

MBUSA website also shows garage door opener as part of Premium Package.

Reactions: ZomZom

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ordered my car in late January, just got delivery last week. I got the GLA250 with Sport pkg & Premium pkg, so what did I miss here? Seems odd those things would be part of a package. When did you order and what packages did you get?
Mine was a demo. The dealership took delivery in Sept, it has Premium and Premium Plus.

According to mercedes.ca, the "Storage Package" is part of the Premium Plus Package:

PREMIUM PLUS PACKAGE
Brief description
EASY-PACK Power Tailgate
Integrated Garage Door Opener
Storage Package
Exterior Power Folding Mirrors
Auto Dimming Mirrors (Rearview & Driver's Side)
Bi-Xenon Headlamps
Media Interface

·
Registered
49 Posts
I got my 45 with the Premium and Premium Plus packages and it has a sunglasses holder and homelink on the mirror (too bad it doesn't work with my building's garage door system). I think my car entered service in November '14 (dealer demo). Honestly, I feel your pain. The cup holders are super small and there's not so much storage space for your stuff.

My `11 C-Class didn't have a designated sunglasses holder, but at least there were plenty of places I could keep them safe and out of the way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got my 45 with the Premium and Premium Plus packages and it has a sunglasses holder and homelink on the mirror (too bad it doesn't work with my building's garage door system). I think my car entered service in November '14 (dealer demo). Honestly, I feel your pain. The cup holders are super small and there's not so much storage space for your stuff.

My `11 C-Class didn't have a designated sunglasses holder, but at least there were plenty of places I could keep them safe and out of the way.
Well it certainly seems like I missed out by not including the premium plus package, as I never realized that not getting the 'storage package' actually meant I would not have any storage. Haaa, seems funny to say that out loud! I am going to speak with the dealership to see if I have any options to add-on now, but I fear it would be costly.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My GLA45 has the sunglasses storage compartment, but it's way too small for my Oakley Radar Path. I'm keeping mine in the door pocket until I can figure out a better solution. It is nice to have the storage, though, for smaller items like toothpicks, etc.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Mine didn't have the sunglass holder, so a bought one on eBay and i just finish installing it !

I struggle a bit to undo the two clips. I use a small flat screwdriver to pry the plastic tap.

A couple of pictures and the "WIS instructions".

0816181828_HDR.jpg

0816181854.jpg

0816181859.jpg

0816181900.jpg

0816181909.jpg

0816181914.jpg

0816181916.jpg

Sans titre.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know how you feel. Just got my 2021 GLA25” and guess what no eyeglass holder or Garage door opener. What a bummer. I thought this was a normal option in most late model vehicle more so Mercedes?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts