Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I got my GLA 45 after 4 years of driving a 2011 C-class. I know the two cars are totally different, but I swear the finishing of this car feels so much cheaper. I have squeaks and rattles coming out of everywhere and I can't pin-point a single source. Sometimes it sounds like it's the sunroof, other times the glovebox, the doors, etc. I've even heard noises coming from the "oh ****" bars when I'm driving along on a smooth highway.

Has anyone else found that there are excessive rattles coming from the cabin? Just wondering if this is typical of the car, or am I just special? My girlfriend's Honda Civic feels better assembled than my GLA at this point.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hi everyone,

I got my GLA 45 after 4 years of driving a 2011 C-class. I know the two cars are totally different, but I swear the finishing of this car feels so much cheaper. I have squeaks and rattles coming out of everywhere and I can't pin-point a single source. Sometimes it sounds like it's the sunroof, other times the glovebox, the doors, etc. I've even heard noises coming from the "oh ****" bars when I'm driving along on a smooth highway.

Has anyone else found that there are excessive rattles coming from the cabin? Just wondering if this is typical of the car, or am I just special? My girlfriend's Honda Civic feels better assembled than my GLA at this point.
I had some squeaking noise that was coming from around the instrument cluster and the left passenger door so I booked an appointment with the Agent and sent my car in and told them to try their best to eliminate those noises and after a few days (I was out of the country during that period), they delivered the car back to me and the noises were gone!

I believe they removed the instrument cluster, the driver's side A pillar and the left passenger door panels and put some felt tape around their edges and replaced the connecting clips.

Totally satisfied with their workmanship. :)

·
Registered
816 Posts
Wow…strong criticisms.

I have a GLA45 and have absolutely no problems as you described. I also find the fit and finish of the interior to be excellent (yes there are a few nit picks about upgrading a few items).

Knowing Hondas and their interiors, I can not see any comparison of the GLA to those cars where I could even conceive of agreeing with the statement "Honda Civic feels better assembled…"

If you are having the issues as you described, certainly take it back to the dealer and get corrected.

·
Registered
41 Posts
No squeaks or rattles here. And I'm running subs.

Sounds like some loose trim issues the dealer can easily address, similar to Azrielsc's situation.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got an appointment to bring in next Wednesday. They're going to drive it around and I'll point everything out to them.

Sorry everyone, didn't mean to insult your benzo's by comparing to a Honda! I'm really happy to hear that it's limited to just my car. Gives me hope that they can fix it.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I've got an appointment to bring in next Wednesday. They're going to drive it around and I'll point everything out to them.

Sorry everyone, didn't mean to insult your benzo's by comparing to a Honda! I'm really happy to hear that it's limited to just my car. Gives me hope that they can fix it.
Hopefully all goes well and that they actually pick up on the issues.
I know sometimes it can be hard for them to hear and pick up on what you've picked up on.

In for updates.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
owned gal 45 for two days and I did notice a noise from the boot to be honest!!
When I return to the dealer I shall be thanking them
(Hope the photo uploaded)?
Turned out to be a $400 Mercedes Benz samsonite suitcase
Thanks dealer :):)

Attachments

Reactions: Azrielsc

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have noticed rattles from passenger door trim and door behind it. Will take it to the dealer on Monday and hope they can fix it.

·
Registered
355 Posts
is the passenger seat belt vibrating on pillar?
If its the seat belt, you can "stick" the belt buckle on the side of the seat and there is a magnet that will prevent the buckle from rattling around. :)

·
Registered
355 Posts
LMFAO.........how did you know that!!!!!!!!
I thought i had no life.....haha...:D
Thanks Azrielsc....:x
Haha! I didn't...

I have to thank SSBGLA45 for pointing it out to me a couple of weeks ago! :nerd:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's definitely one of the problems but not all. Both of the "Oh crap" bars vibrate, and there's lots of noise from the sunroof whether it's open or closed. I think there's also noise coming from the globe box, or maybe it's those under-seat storage boxes. It's a bit of a mess this car.

I tried to find where the seatbelt is supposed to attach to the seat but I haven't had much luck. Does it only work with the recaro seats?

·
Registered
84 Posts
is the passenger seat belt vibrating on pillar?
I do not think so. It sounds like it is buzzing from inside the door trim. I do not have the Recaro seats so I think I do not have a magnet in the seats.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I do not think so. It sounds like it is buzzing from inside the door trim. I do not have the Recaro seats so I think I do not have a magnet in the seats.
I've had the same noise...

I thought I had blown a speaker and it was rattling from that, but my girlfriend figured out it was coming from the space between the door and the door frame. There's about an inch-wide strip of rubber piping along the door frame, and pushed down on this all along the door frame to just smooth out any adhesive in there. Seemed to help.

·
Registered
94 Posts
No complaints with my GLA 250 which I've owned since February. Loudest annoyance is from my messenger bag which I keep on the passenger seat.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Back from the dealer. All the rattles are fixed as per instructions by Mercedes by felting the inside of the doors. I am really happy about it and the only noise I hear now is the awesome exhaust note and crackles :)

And at the same day I reached the magic 1500km limit....Time for fun :D

Attachments

Reactions: AMGz

·
Registered
694 Posts
Back from the dealer. All the rattles are fixed as per instructions by Mercedes by felting the inside of the doors. I am really happy about it and the only noise I hear now is the awesome exhaust note and crackles :)

And at the same day I reached the magic 1500km limit....Time for fun :D
And don't forget wind noise you'll get from having your window open to listen to that exhaust note and its crackles. ;)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.