Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've only filled my tank 2 times... the first time I had half a tank and filled up full and the other time I was almost empty where the range reading was red and did not tell me a range anymore.

The 2nd time when i filled up, I filled up only 12 gallons. I thought we had a 14 gallon tank? Does the GLA get that nervous with only 2 gallons of reserve gas?

Also, when I filled up both times, my ranged was around 430 miles and it was drop slowly and steady. with a starting range of 430 and 10mins of driving city(6-8miles) it would show my range around 390miles. i feel like it doesn't get accurate until it hits 280miles of range or 3/4 tank. anyone else noticing this? My IS250 was super accurate as it would drop the range according to miles i drove. My VW touareg is pretty accurate as well but drops in increments of 5miles.

·
Registered
172 Posts
So i've only filled my tank 2 times... the first time I had half a tank and filled up full and the other time I was almost empty where the range reading was red and did not tell me a range anymore.

The 2nd time when i filled up, I filled up only 12 gallons. I thought we had a 14 gallon tank? Does the GLA get that nervous with only 2 gallons of reserve gas?

Also, when I filled up both times, my ranged was around 430 miles and it was drop slowly and steady. with a starting range of 430 and 10mins of driving city(6-8miles) it would show my range around 390miles. i feel like it doesn't get accurate until it hits 280miles of range or 3/4 tank. anyone else noticing this? My IS250 was super accurate as it would drop the range according to miles i drove. My VW touareg is pretty accurate as well but drops in increments of 5miles.
4Matic cars have 14.8 gallon gas tanks, FWD cars have smaller tanks.

·
Registered
71 Posts

It is an estimate based on your average consumption within a short period of time. The range could bounce back, if you get on the highway with less mpg measurements. In any case, if you have COMAND interface, you can double check your consumption dynamics via the graphic in the head display view captured in 3 min intervals as a bar diagram. It is pretty accurate. Push the "car " button, rotate the COMAND controller to the "Consumption" option, click on it.

·
Registered
9 Posts

I've only had my GLA for a week and I can tell you that the estimated range is directly related to how you drive the car. It was at 180 miles one day; I then drive like grandma and it went up to 270 miles. (tank was 3/4 full) I haven't been able to actually test it however I think ~300 miles is what I'm expecting city driving per tank. This is 130 miles more than my previous car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts