Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2015 GLA show a "Charge" meter to the right of the "mpg" on the Range/Consumption view in front of the driver's wheel.

When I start coasting and mpg goes way up, the Charge meter will begin to fill. I have driven electric vehicles before and I know about how batteries can be recharged from coast brake energy etc.

I don't understand why this is on my GLA which is not a hybrid or electric car.

The manual on page 208 says:

"Recuperation display (3) shows you if energy is being recuperated from the kinetic energy in overrun mode and saved in the batter. Recuperation display (3) depends on the engine installed and is therefore not available in all vehicles".

This seems pretty straightforward. My question is that why is it on the display and filling with a green bar if my engine/car does not have this feature? Can this be hidden from view? Is there some form of recuperation to the main battery anyway?

Here is the manual page:

Attachments

·
Registered
816 Posts
What model GLA and which country in which you took delivery?

·
Registered
172 Posts
What model GLA and which country in which you took delivery?
Since options and features vary so much by location, it would be great if folks added their location and model info to their User CP settings and/or Signatures.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I think it has to do with eco mode start and separate battery???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, I agree with you Oceansol, thee is two batteries in the GLA so it help to keep those charged when the motor stop in eco mode.

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
I was not aware that the GLA has two batteries. Where is the second one located?

·
Registered
355 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Man, photobucket is so lame. Those photos are no longer available because photobucket wants to charge money to the person who hosted the photos.

Just download a QR code scanner to your phone/tablet, scan the code and it will allow you to access the picture.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
450 Posts
Range/Consumption display shows "Charge" meter on gas engine?

I was not aware that the GLA has two batteries. Where is the second one located?

If you pull over the passenger side footwell cover, the battery and fuse box is there. It’s also the same place where the cabin air filter is located.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts