Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed the radio reception on their GLA? My wife has a Honda CRV and I had a Mini Cooper both with outside roof antennas. The GLA does not have an outside roof antenna (not sure where it is, maybe embedded in the rear window like the old days). Anyway, the reception does not seem to be nearly as good as my other cars. What do you think?

·
Registered
608 Posts
I also am puzzled about the location of the antenna-maybe in the extension? It does pretty well with Sirius, so you may be right; it's in the glass. I think reception is not as good in some spots in my area as other cars I have owned, but it is for the most part acceptable

·
Registered
172 Posts
Has anyone noticed the radio reception on their GLA? My wife has a Honda CRV and I had a Mini Cooper both with outside roof antennas. The GLA does not have an outside roof antenna (not sure where it is, maybe embedded in the rear window like the old days). Anyway, the reception does not seem to be nearly as good as my other cars. What do you think?
No problems with the radio reception (for FM anyway, we never use AM) on our 2016 GLA 250 in Northern Virginia.

·
Registered
140 Posts
When I do listen to the radio I've not had any issues but it's not that often that I use regular radio. When my free Sirius ran out (what a lousy company to deal with, can't believe MB is even aligned with them) I copied a few hundred songs to a USB stick, plugged it in and away I go. And yes there are multiple antennas, AM, FM, satellite, keyless entry and on and on, I did see a diagram once and they're all over the car. At least you don't have to worry about some idiot bending it or breaking it off. It's a lot less wind noise too.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Some time in the past year someone here posted a diagram of where the antennas were located...I think on the CLA. I was surprised that there were several in multiple locations. I have not been able to find that post from our Search function, but got this from Google, which gives you some hints where the antennas might be located (go to the images): https://www.google.com/search?q=mer...GC5UQyjcISw&ei=rqx6V--JJsPKjwPmjayoCQ#imgrc=_

·
Registered
18 Posts
I haven't had any reception issues really, but the other day I did experience a little fluke.

I got off the freeway and the music stopped. I could hear talking. Apparently it was somehow picking up CB talk or a Po Po scanner. It was really freaky. I turned the stereo off and back on and it returned to normal instantly.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've actually had very positive experiences in regards to reception. In my Audi Q5 (2016), Sirius gets choppy and radio reception tends to cut off upon entering our garage. With my GLA45 (2016), nothing ever cuts out on me, even when parking in the same garage spot. I'm guessing the antennae are inside the body along the door jambs... only feasible place I could think of them being. My Audi has a tiny fin on the top rear of the car. It's pretty small, which may explain the shotty reception in that vehicle.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Radio reception is par for the course. I think that the antennas are inside the rear spoiler at the rear over the hatch's window.

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
Oddly the XM reception was flawless when I got my GLA250, but 18 months later it frequently drops out on country roads with lots of tree foliage, or around tall buildings.

That combined with the poor sound quality and virtually non-existent customer service skills from XM employees will likely see me not renewing my subscription.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts