Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK.....I've programmed the 0-9 preset's but when I click the wheel (left to right) or spin the wheel it doesn't go to the next pre-set but the next station in the overall lineup. Anyway to set it to jump through the presets instead of the very next station?

I see that I can hit the # buttons on the dash keypad...but would rather just use the spinner knob.

Thanks

·
Registered
470 Posts
I use the steering wheel to skip through the presets, it skips to it's presets by clicking the wheel button up or down, not left or right.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use the steering wheel to skip through the presets, it skips to it's presets by clicking the wheel button up or down, not left or right.
Maybe the AMG is different? Up or down on the right buttons is volume and up and down on the left shuffles through the available eco readouts.

Now you have me thinking....if I change the left to audio read outs on the cluster....maybe then the up and down will change the pre-sets?

I think that is what you are saying.

Right now the cluster is set to Trip or car info. So I'll change that to Audio.

Thanks...I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Oh yeah, you definitely need to put it to "audio" on the instrument cluster.

That is actually one thing I would change in the controls/instrument cluster, I would love to see some MPG/Range of sorts while being able to switch through the audio channels with the steering wheel control.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yeah, you definitely need to put it to "audio" on the instrument cluster.

That is actually one thing I would change in the controls/instrument cluster, I would love to see some MPG/Range of sorts while being able to switch through the audio channels with the steering wheel control.
Agreed.....

Thanks for the help on this one.

·
Registered
816 Posts
You can use the command control knob on the center console to access presets too.

When on the radio screen just pull the knob back and the lower horizontal info bar comes on…turn knob to 'presets' and push center of knob. The presets will show in a drop down and turn knob to get to whatever preset you want and then push center of knob.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can use the command control knob on the center console to access presets too.

When on the radio screen just pull the knob back and the lower horizontal into bar comes on…turn knob to 'presets' and push center of knob. The presets will show in a drop down and turn knob to get to whatever preset you want and then push center of knob.
Thanks.....I knew that part. I just hated having to push it in then select a channel versus just wanting to go directly to my next preset.

Seems as if I put the cluster into Radio Mode....the up and down arrows on the left side of steering wheel it will go from pre-set to pre-set station.

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
Anyone know of a way to assign more than 10 presets?

·
Registered
470 Posts
How many station do you listen to? lol

My question is if there is a shortcut to get to the USB storage for music? I always have to navigate through the screen, go to AUDIO, then scroll down to the USB STORAGE, then search for the ARTIST or FOLDER then play. Is there a single button so I can just go to it directly? It makes it difficult when wanting to change music on the fly while driving.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I haven't tried it with a USB, but when I have my SD card inserted, pressing the "DISC" button brings up the music directly.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Hmmm... I'll give that a try. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
49 Posts
While we're on the topic, does anyone else find the satellite radio quality terrible? I have the logic 7 system in my car and sat radio sounds like garbage. Regular radio sounds great, but I hate all the ads.

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
Agree sound quality is poor over Sirius/XM. I have Logic7 system also and find music played through USB sounds much better than satellite. I used the poor sound quality as a talking point to negotiate a lower subscription price from Sirius/XM once the free 6 months ran out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
the Sat radio reception is terrible but quality is great when it gets a signal. The g37 does not have this problem. I think there will be a number of firmware updates to this vehicle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Question when I use the center console knob to change preset stations it starts all over at 0 even if I'm at 7 going to 8 it reverts back to 0 does any one else have this problem I have 15 C300

1 - 17 of 17 Posts