Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody
I have a problem, noise (interference) when engine is on, especially if the radio station is weak.
Any help?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
710 Posts
Welcome to the forum Dimitris!

Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) from various engine functions has always been an issue in vehicles. A number of shielding methodologies have been employed which work well but all it takes is one wear item to break through same. For instance, a spark plug cable whose insulation has become electrically porous with age. Or a loosened ground somewhere (always first check battery).

Given so many electrical connectors in modern vehicles that's also a place for interference if not clean/well seated. Many shops apply dielectric grease once a connector has been disconnected to help with dirt/moisture intrusion and thereby more assured reseating.

The more difficult/distant the radio station tuning the more the interference will be perceived.

btw: It's helpful if you list your model and year so we can better understand the relationship.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot for your immediate answer!
My car is a brand new GLA 200 model 2020.

Thanks again
Dimitris

·
Super Moderator
870 Posts
I would say it is still under factory warranty and a trip back to the dealer is in order.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts