Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a 2500 mile road rip to British Columbia last week I was appreciating Distronic cruise control immensely.
But the high tech safety feature was foiled by something very low tech. After the second day of highway driving, an error message popped up that said it had been disabled because of dirty sensors.
Turns out that bugs on the bumper disabled the radar. I had to stop repeatedly to clean the bumper taking way more gas stops than I wanted to.

Anybody think the factory can cure this weak spot? I need this feature for my health, safety, and comfort.

·
Registered
197 Posts
They thought heroin was bad until ACC came along... lol At any rate I've had 3 cars now with it and they all would succumb to a dirty sensor. I carried exterior wipes for those ACC emergencies, they cut through most crud easily. On one of my cars had to shut down for the ACC error to clear, you couldn't just give it a quick wipe on the side of the road while running.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Anybody think the factory can cure this weak spot? I need this feature for my health, safety, and comfort.
Good gawd man, can you imagine what the "sensor cleaner" option would cost?

Be thankful you do not live in Texas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts