Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Random question. How often do you GLA45'ers use your Race Start? I was playing around with it last night as I had some open road and it was quite a hoot. I just hope over use doesn't kill the car. Curious on your answers.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I did a few drag race event in last 2 summer, 10-15-20 launch each time. No issue at all. Just hard on tires...

On the street, not a lot. Mostly with friends, some feel bad after.. :p

·
Registered
27 Posts
Haven't had a chance to play with it yet but it is on my list. Was waiting to get to the track but might find an open road and enjoy.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did a few drag race event in last 2 summer, 10-15-20 launch each time. No issue at all. Just hard on tires...

On the street, not a lot. Mostly with friends, some feel bad after.. :p
Did you do 1/4 mile drag's? What were some times you got?

Haven't had a chance to play with it yet but it is on my list. Was waiting to get to the track but might find an open road and enjoy.
It's probably going to hit hard especially with your mods to the car.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Random question. How often do you GLA45'ers use your Race Start? I was playing around with it last night as I had some open road and it was quite a hoot. I just hope over use doesn't kill the car. Curious on your answers.
The biggest pain is the ars.
almost never.
c

·
Registered
12 Posts
The biggest pain is the ars.
almost never.
c
Using race start at the drag strip in competition is difficult to set up after you are staged. Like learning a complicated secret
handshake and having a few seconds to use it. Lots to think about. >:D

·
Registered
140 Posts
Using race start at the drag strip in competition is difficult to set up after you are staged. Like learning a complicated secret
handshake and having a few seconds to use it. Lots to think about. >:D
Yes, the race start is very long to setup...

It will be nice if we only have to press the brake + gas..

·
Super Moderator
1,505 Posts
Could be an AMG thing. It works on Pam's 45. It worked on the various cars at the AMG Driving School. But again, all AMGs.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Could be an AMG thing. It works on Pam's 45. It worked on the various cars at the AMG Driving School. But again, all AMGs.
soft lunch meaning break pedal on +gas not avalable on 2015gla 45
c

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I do wish it was a bit easier to set up but I guess it's almost like a safety thing to deter people from doing it all the time. Warmer weather and some drag strip action sounds like fun.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I do wish it was a bit easier to set up but I guess it's almost like a safety thing to deter people from doing it all the time. Warmer weather and some drag strip action sounds like fun.
I was at the AMG Driving Academy in October last year doing this on an E class AMG. They've made it much easier and this system is coming down to all the other AMGs. So your next AMG will just be:

1. Put the car in Race Mode
  2. Press hard on the break pedal
  3. Mash down the gas
  4. You now have X seconds to perform a launch.
I forget what X was. But it was super easy doing this on the E class they had for us to drive.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh man that's awesome. Awesome that you went to the AMG Driving Academy and awesome with this new set up!

I was at the AMG Driving Academy in October last year doing this on an E class AMG. They've made it much easier and this system is coming down to all the other AMGs. So your next AMG will just be:

1. Put the car in Race Mode
  2. Press hard on the break pedal
  3. Mash down the gas
  4. You now have X seconds to perform a launch.
I forget what X was. But it was super easy doing this on the E class they had for us to drive.

·
Registered
237 Posts
The way the 45 drives, every time the car starts rolling is a soft launch control. It always revs up before power is sent to the wheels.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've used the Race Start a few times, and practiced enabling it many times without actually launching. I go through all the proper steps, then just take my foot off the gas and it automatically cancels it. After a a few practices, you can get it done fairly quickly.

Definitely sends the car down the road in a hurry!

·
Registered
879 Posts
Just make sure there are no painted pavements (lines) within the first 5-10 ft or your fronts tires will hop (lose traction). Fun times

·
Registered
152 Posts
I tried it once after I broke in the car several years ago. I was on a bumpy back road. Scared the [email protected] out of me. Never tried it again.

·
Registered
58 Posts
You talking Launch Control??

Did it about 5 times when I first got it, now never.
I have LC on both my cars and quite frankly never see a real reason to use it (even if it wasn't a PITA to set up)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts