Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I'm in route of buying a 2015 GLA 45, but I have a question. I was doing some research of the COMAND console and it always listed the ECO button, but this car has an "A" symbol with a arrow around it. Is this the same thing as ECO?

Attachments

·
Registered
880 Posts
The 15s have the efficiency - sport - manual selector by the gear shifter. The a with the circle is for the auto start stop at stop lights

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Hi Guys, I'm in route of buying a 2015 GLA 45, but I have a question. I was doing some research of the COMAND console and it always listed the ECO button, but this car has an "A" symbol with a arrow around it. Is this the same thing as ECO?
Welcome Fliphop. As m-type suggested, they are essentially the same thing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh great thanks for your help! I was confused at first cause the other used 15's all had ECO instead the "A" button. Thanks again, and I can't wait to get this car later this week :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
Can't stand the auto stop/start but all new cars have it now. First thing I do when I start the car is hit that button to turn the auto stop/start off. Or it'll turn off automatically if you put it in Sport

·
Registered
816 Posts
I always run in S or M mode…this Eco start/stop in not my thing.

·
Registered
608 Posts
When you come to a long light and the engine turns off, the music sounds so much better, although there is that little nag at the back of your mind about whether it will actually start again when the light changes.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Eh, you get used to it. Now when the car doesn't auto stop while driving around town I get annoyed..."why are you wasting gas!?!?" I've tried to beat the autostart getting my foot from the brake to the gas pedal and can't really do it in any meaningful way, so it's not a big deal for me really.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts