Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the GLA 45 come with the Push Start up button?
I saw some other model is come with the button, and you can option to put it on or not.

·
Registered
503 Posts
$650 options on 2015.
dont know if its standard on 2016

·
Registered
19 Posts
In 2016 all GLA models have the option of a push start button, you need to order the "Keyless-Go" package. Then you never need to pull the key out of your pocket. If there is a failure in the system, then you remove the "Push" button out of the dash and insert the key in it's place. The order code is 889 and it's a $650 option. Most all the cars I saw on the lot came with this option. So I think a good majority of them leave the factory with this option as part of the build sheet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just received my 2016 GLA 250 that does not have the "KEYLESS-GO" option. But it does have the standard features (for 2016) known as "pushbutton KEYLESS-START" and "SmartKey remote locking". You can easily change over from the pushbutton start to the keystart or vice-versa. It is just a pop in - pop out of the button in the dash.

·
Registered
608 Posts
My 2015 had the same Keyless Go option for $650, code 889. The only push button start capability in 2015-2016, I think, is with Keyless Go. Maybe toward the end of the 2016 run, it became standard? Is it standard in 2017? When I got my car, the push button was somewhere else, and they had to find it. Once found, it snaps right on.

·
Super Moderator
1,900 Posts
"What is the Keyless Go? KEYLESS GO is a convenient electronic drive authorisation system which relieves the driver of the need to take the vehicle key in his hand before boarding or starting up the car. All doors can be opened and closed without even activating the remote control."

This requires sensors on the external door handles for lock and unlock as well as the button in the ignition to eliminate the key there. All that is required is that the remote is near by.

Every US GLA I have seen had the option of putting the button into the ignition. But the door handle sensors are a special order.

In the US for 2017 this is option 889 available as a stand alone for $550 US. It is also a part of the P01 Premium Package ($2750 US).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts