Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is 15months old and since month 3 I've had various issues with my gla 20d. The check engine came on for no apparent reason every two weeks.long story short they changed all the wiring to fix the problem. Now I have a strange babbling sound that comes from the ac when I drive for over 30 min and Mercedes dealer can't fix it and are trying to convince me it's normal. Has anyone else heard this type of noise? It's come from within the ac vents and get very loud and irritating at times,I think it's effected by higher temps outside, I live in cyprus and the temprature can get upto 40c.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Welcome to the forum and am sorry to hear the problems with your GLA.

Have heard of similar issues with AC noise but it was with an Audi TT. Anyway, usually is air in the refrigerant lines or a bad dryer. Has the dealer looked at purging the refrigerant lines, replacing the AC dryer and recharging the system?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum and am sorry to hear the problems with your GLA.

Have heard of similar issues with AC noise but it was with an Audi TT. Anyway, usually is air in the refrigerant lines or a bad dryer. Has the dealer looked at purging the refrigerant lines, replacing the AC dryer and recharging the system?
Thanks for the reply,apparently they changed the expansion valve and cleared out all the air but still no results. They are trying to convince me it's normal. My car is till under warranty. Is there somewhere I can share the video with you to hear the sound?

·
Registered
816 Posts
You can download a video to You Tube (or Vimeo or some other video hosting site) and then use the link mode icon to attach to a post here

1 - 4 of 4 Posts