Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently using Chevron Techron and Shell V-Power. Also wondering what the best oil might be.

I'm also reading that some say there isn't much difference between most all of the premium gasolines.

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
I've used Mobil 1 in 0W-40 in my Porsche for years and experienced no internal engine problems. Of course I would expect the same of any brand name full synthetic with appropriate ratings. My MB dealership uses Mobil 1 in 5W-40 in my GLA.

For premium fuel I use whichever brand is lowest price locally at the time. I've not noticed any difference in performance or MPG with any.

I haven't tried E85 in my GLA. Cost is usually less than $1 cheaper, so with E85's reduced MPG expectations, doesn't make economic sense. Anyone out there try E85 in your GLA yet? Would like to see some comments from GLA owners on their experience with E85.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Sunoco is the best,i was told by a few dyno tuning places, most accurate numbers they 've achieved.
5w40 in summer 0w40 in the winter for me.

·
Super Moderator
1,904 Posts
Until I pick my 45 up I can only speak for my 997. With DFI I stick with Chevron for the Techron. It's worked well for over 40K miles.

I buy Mobil 1 0W40 European Car Blend from Walmart in the 5 quart jugs and am hoping to be able to use the same in the 45 (to be verfifed or not upon European Delivery).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts