Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, is it possible to have power supply to the usb port for the internal security camera to function after the car is locked it is a GLA 200d 2018 model.

·
Registered
16 Posts
hi, is it possible to have power supply to the usb port for the internal security camera to function after the car is locked it is a GLA 200d 2018 model.
No because it is on a timed circuit so they shut off automatically after I believe 15 minutes you would need to rewire it directly to something that maintains power while the vehicle is in sleep mode I am not quite sure if the cigarette lighters or power ports stay on permanently from my experience I don't believe so so it would be almost have to be hardwired to the battery and a line snakes from Battery to wherever you want to hook up reason being is I believe they all have what's called a battery saving mode so it will shut everything off even if you leave interior lights on in order to conserve battery so you will be able to start when you attempted it next the firewall is fairly easy to get through and battery is located forward in the engine compartment near the driver side wiper so you should be able to piggyback on one of the harnesses going through the firewall should be fairly easy then you can attached to the line a USB port which they make ones that quick connect then you can mount it it anywhere you see fit for instance if you want to open center console where are the knob that allows you to operate the basically entertainment screen who are the cup holders are located black hole unit just pops directly out by pulling up words on it then you need a T20 Torx bit and you can basically give the whole shift console and everything right out with 4 screws and should be able to find a path with wiring originates inside the engine compartment it's a fairly easy easy thing to do even with someone with basic mechanic skills could accomplish reason I know this is I had a beverage still on to the basic I got I think it's called me drive mode selection knob right south of the shift console if you have a floor mounted console call Holden engineering they did not put a rubber grommet underneath it and it is directly in front of the cup holders not very well thought out they wanted $6,000 to replace the shift module and drive mode module I soak them in 99% isopropyl overnight and had perfectly functioning Parts the next morning they make little kits for what you're looking to do most of them are plug-and-play but I know the USB ports in the armrest shut off after a. Of time and turn back on when key is in vicinity of vehicle

1 - 2 of 2 Posts