Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone and thank you for your time,

Power folding mirrors is a big deal to me, (I know, I know there are more important things in life). However, since I am about to lay down a lot of money I would really like this feature.

As I have been searching through the '18's it's rare to find a vehicle with this option. Most dealers don't even know its available. I usually have to inform them "it's part of some package called the 'parking pilot'".

All that being said I cannot determine if this feature is available on the '19's. Power folding mirrors is extremely popular today and cuts down on accidental damage from people walking, or parking, too close. It's on most of the new vehicles in my area including, even Kias.

Does someone know for sure if it's available and, what the package is called if I would be forced to purchase a package like on the '18's?

Thank you again!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Assuming you are in the USA, starting with 2018, surround view camera, parking sensors and powerfolding mirrors are apart of the 'Parking Assistance Package' $1550 for 250 to 45 models.

one easy way to 'see this option when car shopping is to look for the parking senor dimples on the front and rear bumpers.

for example from autotrader https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=496653596&zip=94538&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3Fzip%3D94538%26listingTypes%3DNEW%26startYear%3D2018%26sortBy%3Drelevance%26incremental%3Dall%26firstRecord%3D100%26seriesCodeList%3DGLA_CLASS%26marketExtension%3Don%26makeCodeList%3DMB%26searchRadius%3D0&listingTypes=NEW&startYear=2018&numRecords=25&firstRecord=100&makeCodeList=MB&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=MB&modelCode1=MBGLA45AMG&clickType=listing

dimples

also look for the top middle button on the window switches (left for left mirror, middle fold mirrors, right for right mirrors)

Folding mirror feature was available to the rest of the world since day one but was subtracted from the US for model year 15-17

·
Registered
532 Posts
I got a GLA250 2019 2 months ago. I wanted the parking Assist for the 360-degree camera. The parking Assist has folding mirrors in the package. My dealer did a search and found one in another state and had it delivered to his location. Did not find the 360-degree or folding mirrors as a seperate option only in the parking package. I am in the USA other countries might be different.

You do not show your location, being an international website MB has different models and options depending on the country. You should update your profile with the country and what year and model of GLA when you get one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts