Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys,

Did some searching and couldn't find anything similar, so I figured lets start a thread where we can show off our individual specs. The GLA 45 has quite a few options and can be pretty individualized (about 30k in extra options available). Let's see how these little pocket rockets got customized!

And of course, a few pics to accompany are encouraged.

Feel free to copy and paste the outline below and just write in your packages between the existing bold text. Better yet, post your build sheet if you still have it.

Exterior Options (color, wheels, aero/wing, night pack, etc.)
-
-
-

Interior Options (seats, leather/dinamica, media, etc.)
-
-
-

AMG Options (Dynamic+ pack, perf exhaust)
-
-

Aftermarket Mods (tune, downpipe, wrap, springs, etc, etc.)
-
-

Safety & Convenience Options (blindspot, parktronic, distronic, convenience package)
-
-
-

What would you add/change/delete? (if you bought your 45 used, there's probably an option or two that you would have added, or deleted, if you had the option to check the build sheet yourself. Share below.
-

Build Sheet MSRP (if known/optional)
-

I'll start with mine on the next post...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
  • Lunar Blue Metallic w/ 20" stock wheels in black
  • Night package and AMG Carbon Fiber Exterior Package
  • Silver brake calipers
  • No aero pack, but wing as standalone add-on
  • No panoramic roof
  • Premium 1 + Multimedia
  • Interior package + AMG redcut leather (12 color ambient light)
  • Recaro performance seats
  • Illuminated door sills
  • AMG performance steering wheel w/ Dinamica sides
  • Dynamic+ package (RACE mode, LSD, increased top speed)
  • Performance Exhaust
Safety & Convenience Options (blindspot, parktronic, distronic, convenience package)
  • Blind spot monitoring
  • Parktronic
  • Distronic & lane keep assist
Aftermarket Mods (wheels, tune, downpipe, wrap, springs, etc, etc.)
  • all stock except for a few subtle cosmetic upgrades
  • red door pins, red carbon push to start cover, AMG jewel on Comand knob)
What would you add/change/delete? (if you bought your 45 used, there's probably an option or two that you would have added, or maybe deleted, if you had the option to check the build sheet yourself. Share below.
- When I bought my GLA pretty much every box was ticked, so I overlooked that it didn't have the Convenience package with auto-dimming mirrors.The toggle switch felt cheap, I had auto-dimming before so knew what it was like. Luckily I was able to add a homelink/auto-dim mirror by myself for less than $100. After adding the homelink/auio-dim mirror there is literally nothing OEM that I would change if I had the option, the car is perfect spec for me.

Build Sheet MSRP (if known/optional)
-$73.2k USD

Had trouble deciding on pics if youre wondering why there's so many. Lol..
Pic 1 : Rear angle
Rear Side Angle.JPG
Pic 2 : Front passenger
Front Pass.JPG
Pic 3 : Side shot
Drivers Side.JPG
Pic 4 : Interior 1
Interior.jpg
Pic 5 : Interior 2
Interior2.jpg
Pic 6 : Reacaros w/ AMG Recut leather
Recaros.jpg
Pic 7 : Snow shoes (Michelin X-Ice3 w/ 18" Enkei wheels)
Snow Shoes.jpg

Let's see some more 45's!

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Let's see some more 45's!

HAd a dealer noodle about the country, found this out in the PRC, and had em fetch it for me

2 **** options on it, missing only the wheel (who spends 2200 for seats, and leaves the $800 wheel off? )

I bought the wheel from vivid, but, sadly, the roof has a hole in it, and the dash is cluttered with a buncha nav intergratin shite

it still has far to much wheel gap, but that can be fixed

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,620 Posts
As far as the wheel goes it's really a matter of if you like alcantara or not. When you spec out one of these cars after a bit you become numb to the add on costs. It becomes a matter of what you really want. In Pam's case the Recaros were uncomfortable and more difficult for ingress and egress, a factor for around town use. And with hand lotion being a factor she definitely did not want an alcantara steering wheel. But she ticked almost every other box including the carbon fiber dash (she likes the carbon fiber in my 997). She gave up adaptive cruise in favor of the illuminated star that I give credit to since it seems people are quicker to pull right and out of the way on long nighttime freeway drives. We both preferred a brake caliper that blended in so that stayed silver as did the wheels. If black calipers were an option those choices
would have changed. And for Pam ... No wing. But she definitely wanted red seat belts that were a part of the red cut leather package. Night package was a given and debadging was a long debate. Since they wouldn't package the badges in a to go bag we kept them on the car!!!

But that's the point ... With the options list you can make it your own.

·
Super Moderator
1,620 Posts
PS: Pam really wanted the Northern Lights Violet but they ended that color going into the 2017 model year. I tried to twist arms to pay extra for PTS (paint to sample) but in 2017 MB would not do that for any price on the A class 8(

So even with MB you can't always get exactly what you want!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here's my 2015!! To my knowledge, I've only got Recaro seats, Harmon-Kardon premium audio, and navigation.
The original color is black with black interior, it's currently wrapped in Matte Riviera Blue. I had the wheels plasti-dipped black, cause I plan on getting black wheels but I peeled it off. So it's still on the stock silver 19" wheels.
I've got a TurboSmart dual-port recirculating BOV, Armytrix performance catless downpipe and mid-pipe, Mishimoto Cold Air Intake kit, H&R Sport springs bringing it down 1" in the front and 0.6" in the rear, and practically straight piped exhaust except for the one resonator I left on. That's everything I've done as of right now.
Next month is gonna be the Weistec Water/Methanol Injection kit and the following month I will be getting a custom tune and dyno done. Late fall-winter, new wheels, turbo blanket, and other small things that pop up.
Then in 2021 it's upgraded intercooler and aux heat exchanger and hoping I save up enough for the Weistec W.4 turbo and exhaust manifold upgrade kit then retune/dyno.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
-Polar White, black interior, black wood on dash
-Wing, night pack
-

-Normal seats, Harmon Kardon
-
-

-CPO 2019 so not sure what options were, has Sport Plus mode
-

-Came with silver 20 spoke 20 inch with Conti summers
-Added 19" Enkei TY5 wheels in Black and Vredestein Quatrac all seasons, overall 4 lbs less at each corner.

-Yes
-
-

What would you add/change/delete? (if you bought your 45 used, there's probably an option or two that you would have added, or deleted, if you had the option to check the build sheet yourself. Share below.
-I wouldn't have minded the Recaros and the red stripe package, but added some red anodized rings around the HVAC vents and that got it less monochrome. Only had it a week so still sorting it out!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
  • Calcite White
  • AMG night pack w/rear spoiler and aero pack
  • AMG 20" wheels
  • Beige leather
  • Push-button start option
  • Premium HK sound system
  • Panoramic sunroof
  • AMG Sport steering wheel w/Alcantara
  • AMG Performance sport seats
  • AMG Performance exhaust
  • Weistec engine tune
  • Weistec CAI w/5" intake opening
  • Renntech exhaust valve modulator
  • Bilstein B8 Performance Struts w/H&R lowering springs
  • H&R front and rear sway bars
  • Forge turbo blanket
  • Tint
  • Blindspot monitoring
  • Convenience pack
  • Add: Race mode, Apply Carplay, adjustable sport suspension, updated tranny shift logic
  • Delete: Nothing
This pic is before mods, will post back once the suspension is completed.
2FDCD853-C3DA-4EAA-93EF-1DE324AC5C1F.JPG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts