Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just ordered a Brabus Wing Spoiler from an authorized dealer/retailer. He made sure everything will work for the GLA45 and Brabus did confirm it will. Good thing is that it doesn't need to be drilled. Some don't like the Aerodynamic package and I totally agree but the Brabus wing spoiler is subtle and not as bulky. It kept the elegance of the car/suv/xuv/cuv/hatchback or whatever type they call the GLA45 nowadays. My wife didn't want me to put one but every time I look at the rear, it just looks empty. I want it to look different. Anyways, I can't wait and I will post once it is done. They're also blacking out and smoking out all my emblems and grill. I have cosmo black paint so this will be a black on black on black build. No, it won't look like a teenager with a BMW and a can of Plastidip. It will look elegant. Pics to come soon!!!!!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Here is the finished product. Only on the outside. Will be replacing the dash trim and vents shortly. Engine will have a VR Tune Kit and Downpipe from Weistec as well. Build is coming along perfectly.

·
Registered
503 Posts
20mm front and 15mm rear spacers will complete the look

·
Registered
179 Posts
Here is a sneak peek of my GLA45 project. Stripped!

What is the radiator at the very bottom of the first picture for? Does anyone know?

·
Registered
80 Posts
That Brabus wing looks awesome! I'm highly considering it now!

·
Registered
11 Posts
How does the brabus wing attaches to the oem "mini-wing"?

·
Registered
201 Posts
That's the sexiest GLA I've seen in a while. Love to get that wing without the logo on the side.

Reactions: MB_lover

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How does the brabus wing attaches to the oem "mini-wing"?
Adhesive silicone. It's strapped in there really nice and snug. If you look at both ends of the wing, it has enough coverage to be installed in there with just the adhesives silicones. The middle part surprising is holding up really well too. Beauty of this is you can have it removed when your lease is up and resell.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's the sexiest GLA I've seen in a while. Love to get that wing without the logo on the side.
You can blacken out the logo but I bought it for the looks and the Brabus name so I'm proud to show it off. :) The Brabus wing isn't overwhelming as the AMG aerodynamic package so it kept the elegance of the car. I really liked how it turned out.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
20mm front and 15mm rear spacers will complete the look
Caug, can you post a pic of your whole car with that spacer setup? How wide of a stance would it have to drastically change the look? Also, I have 20's so not sure if those spacers would fit. Lastly, why go wider in the front? Shouldn't the wider spacer be on the rear to have that staggered look? Is it a winter tire thing? I'd probably go 15 rear and 10 front.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Carlo,
I posted photos in different post already.
I just bought 2 different sizes to figure out the best set up.
I did put 20mm in the rear and they stuck out just a little too much for me, so then i switched and looks perfect to me.
i got also longer bolts ; 45mm and 40mm.
Everting only $189 shipped in black color.
20 or 19" no difference with spacers, i ll take spacers of in the winter to protect the car.
C

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Carlo,
I posted photos in different post already.
I just bought 2 different sizes to figure out the best set up.
I did put 20mm in the rear and they stuck out just a little too much for me, so then i switched and looks perfect to me.
i got also longer bolts ; 45mm and 40mm.
Everting only $189 shipped in black color.
20 or 19" no difference with spacers, i ll take spacers of in the winter to protect the car.
C
Caug, did it rub on the rear when you put the 20mm spacers? I like that kind of aggressive stance on it. Also, where did you buy the spacers and the bolts for that price? Thanks.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Akataspacer.com tel.305 877 3927
No rubbing at all.
They supply the bolts.
no worries.
You will need take photo of the stock bolt to show them if its taper or ball type head and measure the thread length.
Also ask them of they have either black or chrome bolts. my came with the regular finish, so its not so prity, but i dont care whats bolts look like.
C

·
Registered
503 Posts
I might get 20mm for the rear as well later when i get new wheels which will be 19x8 with 45 off set with 245 45 19.
The current wheels are 19x8.5 with 46 offset.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I might get 20mm for the rear as well later when i get new wheels which will be 19x8 with 45 off set with 245 45 19.
The current wheels are 19x8.5 with 46 offset.
Thanks for that info. I'm doing away with the spacers. It hardly rains in Cali but if it does I'd hate to have dirt all over the car. I have 30mm spacers on my mini countryman(its like a baja rally car with lift kits and off road tires) but have wide mudflaps and that helped with dirt. I also have mixed emotions about their safety. I have ecs tuning on my mini and I feel confident about them. Paid premium price for it with the bolts. Unsure about this brand though. Anyone else using it?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I started customizing the interior. Bought an AMG dash trim and blacked out vents. Pics of that build coming soon. I bought the wrong ones for the middle. I'm an idiot sometimes! Removing it was pretty simple. I just yanked the **** out of those vents with a special OEM tool. Also waiting on the Rebellion Stage 1 Tuner Kit and Intake then it's off for a custom subwoofer and amp install since the Harman factory subs sucks! Just a Rockford Fosgate 10 inch sub should be enough. Going for a factory look so it will be hidden on the spare tire console with a custom fiberglass box. Still using the rear trunk cover so it will be hidden like it's still stock. Going for clarity sound, not those youngster asphalt vibrating sound.

·
Registered
355 Posts
the mods are coming along nicely! :)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts