Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,
I'm looking at the GLA 45 AMG as a more practical alternative to my Cayman S. I bought the Porsche as a daily driver, but this winter I've driven my Jetta GLI more than the Cayman. Since my work does not condone absence for bad weather I'm looking for an AWD vehicle. I have driven the Macan S on an auto X course and it was very impressive. The Macans seem to start at what a nicely optioned GLA would cost. I hate to give up the Cayman, but hate walking by it in the garage every day.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You will be presently surprised how quick the GLA 45 is compared to Cayman S 295 bhp.... more doors seats and reasonable boot.
Ex planet 9 member ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Greetings all,
I'm looking at the GLA 45 AMG as a more practical alternative to my Cayman S. I bought the Porsche as a daily driver, but this winter I've driven my Jetta GLI more than the Cayman. Since my work does not condone absence for bad weather I'm looking for an AWD vehicle. I have driven the Macan S on an auto X course and it was very impressive. The Macans seem to start at what a nicely optioned GLA would cost. I hate to give up the Cayman, but hate walking by it in the garage every day.
If I had a Cayman S, I think I would keep it! I live in CO, USA. I drive a Subaru on the snowy or icy days, and my AMG all the others. Previously it was C63's, now it's a GLA45. The GLA is phenomenal with summer tires....I don't know about all-seasons or winter as you would definitely need for winter driving. The GLA will likely outperform the Macan on an autocross, but may not impress you as much inside the cabin compared to the Porsche. If you want a car, the GLA is the right choice. The Macan is definitely a small SUV.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The GLA 45 AMG is a much greater choice over the Porsche Macan I personally feel. Getting a lot more value for money with the GLA. And it has much more feel on the road then the Macan does - won't feel so bad without your Cayman! :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
I understand the appeal of a Cayman, but as far as it being a daily driver in the winter, I'm not sure it is that practical. The GLA definitely better suited for riving all year round. Are you not able to keep both? Or does the Cayman have to go if you get the GLA?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Macan vs GLA, Macan wins for me on design and overall looks, and that's something I think a lot will agree with, but that's sort of where it ends for me with the Macan.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Macan vs GLA, Macan wins for me on design and overall looks, and that's something I think a lot will agree with, but that's sort of where it ends for me with the Macan.
I actually love the GLA looks more than the Macan, so I must be a minority. :nerd:

The GLA looks more masculine as compared to the Macan which is more curves than angles.

Reactions: ZomZom
1 - 9 of 9 Posts