Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
It looks like you pop your old headlight assemblies out and pop the new Chinese ones in. I wonder if your computer would recognize the new? It probably isn't as well made as the factory piece.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I want to try these so bad but I'm afraid of the dang computer that so far rejected all my hid and led attempts on the high beams and fog lights.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm cool with the standard lights. Makes you a less attractive speed trap target at night, too. All the Podunk cops like to pull over the cars with high-intensity lights passing through their villages.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone,
I thought this post would be interesting for anyone wanting to upgrade the standard halogen Headlights.
I bought the kit from eBay, "Plug and play LED DRL headlights". The box came in a few days after, the headlights were well protected, package was fine.
Decided I would try to install them myself. Unfortunately I couldn't find any tutorial on how to remove the front bumper on the GLA, I had to scroll through various posts on this forum (link at the end).
Took me 4hours to remove the front bumper, remove the halogen headlights, install the new one and put back the bumper.
The Chinese were not lying, this plug and play headlights are working, no alarm on the dashboard of the vehicle. Blinkers, LEDs and Xenons are all working well.
And for information, the Xenon lights option is not available in my country, this is the reason why I decided to carry out the upgrade myself.
I hope this can help anyone hesitating, my car has definitely a proper GLA look now. :)

EDIT: I cannot post link, so if you are interested, send me a DM.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yep, what a p-i-t-a... never seen a forum with so many rules and restrictions... sent you a pm.
Thanks!
Alright, I've sent you the eBay link.
Vendor was nice, got 20% off the price, free international shipping and was answering my emails quickly. I think you've got 30days return policy as well.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awesome! Plug and play, huh? Wow. The GLA is one of those vehicles that look so much more aggressive with the LED DRLs in the front.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, plug and play. I read the topic about Boris trying to install OEM bi-xenon headlights and having trouble with the wiring, that scared me a little.
Definitely got a better look with the Xenon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts