Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendation for snow tires option on a GLA45 with 20in wheels?

Please help me, almost checked every snow tires website...no option found...Not able to drive the car in winter....it is like driving a boat...:crying::crying::crying:

·
Registered
5 Posts
From my research Continental is the only supplier that does 235/40R20 tires and these are definitely not a winter tire. You might have to consider going to a smaller diameter wheel to get a winter tire but make sure it clears the brake calipers. The CLA 45 & A 45 use 19 inch rims as standard so this might work.

·
Registered
84 Posts
What CRH said - switch to a 19" or smaller wheel. Otherwise good luck! 20" snow tires are pretty much non-existant.

Plus, look on the bright side... then you'll have dedicated wheels/tires for winter that you can swap out in your garage.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Tire Rack has 5 different 245/40/20 dedicated snow tires and they even have the Conti DWS all-season tire that has a snow contact patch integrated.

Not sure this link will work... http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?width=245/&ratio=40&diameter=20&performance=ALL

If Tire Rack says a 245-45-20 size tire will work, then it will work. I know they always get a donor vehicle and test the sizes they sell. I have 245-45-19's on my GLA, which is a 'tiny bit' taller than OEM, with zero issues.

·
Registered
106 Posts
You can do a search for other suggestions. I went with 18" wheels with BLIZZAK DM-V2 235/50R18.

Tires are cheaper in 18" than 20" and 18's will give you a better ride on rougher roads once/if it snows (though haven't seen any snow this year in Denver yet).

Reactions: Matt Forbell
1 - 6 of 6 Posts