Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious why they have those third set of buttons there if it has no function?

Is it just a lazy way on MBs part so they they can use the seats on other models that may add an extra function for those buttons? If that is true, what does those buttons do on the other models? Anyone know?

·
Registered
880 Posts
Just curious why they have those third set of buttons there if it has no function?

Is it just a lazy way on MBs part so they they can use the seats on other models that may add an extra function for those buttons? If that is true, what does those buttons do on the other models? Anyone know?

never noticed that before, looked up the US AMG GTS owners manual they only have 2 buttons

update: same with UK owners manuals, gla 2 functional 1 blank

·
Registered
816 Posts
Probably the same reason that the door mounted seat adjustment panel has a head rest adjustment button that is a dummy in the case of the AMG Sport seats with their fixed headrest. Standardization.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Probably just lazy slash cost cutting. Using the same part over again in stead of making a new one. Annoying to see something like this in what is a "luxury" vehicle.
Especially on an AMG model which is suppose to be the epitome of MB products. **** talking to more than a handful of dealerships, you wouldn't believe how hard they all try to sell the engine being an AMG and the engine being hand built by one guy.

I would mention another brand like Porsche Macan or RR Evoque and that is the reponse I always got, "those aren't AMG! AMG engines are hand built by one person!"

·
Registered
197 Posts
Whether the 45 or 250 the GLA is the bottom of the MB/AMG barrel in the SUV segment and I'm not sure it is fair to complain about going to the parts bin on the most inexpensive car in an automakers lineup when the practice is industry wide. Actually I think it would be better phrased by saying I don't think it's fair to single out MB, recognizing its ubiquity doesn't change the fact that I don't like it either. The completionist in me wants every spot where a button could be to have a button there and for that button to do something. o_O

About those perf seats scar, how are you liking them now that you have had the car for a while?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I absolutely love the seats and I don't think I'd love this car as much without it. I love the adjustable side bolsters and thigh support, fits like a glove to me, not to mention that it looks great. I strongly believe that the performance seats and performance exhaust are a must for the 45.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Is it a fun car or daily driver? You've been on longer journeys and so on? My thoughts from the test drive was I liked the sport aspect, they are about as kickasstacular a seat as I've ever sat in but I was worried about long drives and whether the ol lady would take exception.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Love them AMG Performance Seats!

The GLA 45 is my daily driver and I have also taken it up for long drives, about 350km/3hrs+ (each way), from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur.

The seats fit my 6' slim frame nicely, and besides the bolsters, I personally feel that the lumbar support adjustments are even more critical.

I have sat in some other sports seats and because of the lack of lumbar support, my lower back would hurt after more than 30mins of driving, and in the end, I have to get a small pillow to put it in the space between my lower back and the seat.

But this AMG Performance Seats eliminate this issue with its built-in lumbar support, which to me, makes it one of the most comfortable sports seats I have ever sat in!

Love it!

Reactions: SSBGLA45

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yah it is my daily driver and while I haven't taken it to long trips I am in Los Angeles and during rush hour, I could be sitting in the car for an hour to two each way and I do find it very comfortable.

And yes the lumbar support is great too, don't use it too often but at times when I feel stiff, it provides great support.

With that said, I can see it not being for everyone especially if you aren't used to it but I really would hate not have it on the 45.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Get it crabman! Lovely seats and they look da bomb! :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
The performance seats look nicer in my opinion. Having said that, I ordered my GLA45 with the standard seat in red cut leather. My build and frame fit perfectly in the standard seat, and all the lumbar controls are available. There is more cushion in the standard seat as well. When I test drove cars with both seats, I had no negatives to say on either, which is why I decided to not spend the additional money. Both seats are highly adjustable and very comfortable.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.