Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that, like me, wish their car came with the AMG Performance Media screen (these days probably standard to all new Mercedes), the Carplay feature will be upgraded in IOS 16 with an additional screen that shows the same features that the AMG one showed, according to the CNBC video:

I'm hoping that buried somewhere in there is a boost gauge and who knows, maybe an oil pressure gauge, what with the active oil pump that reduces pressures ... sometimes.

·
Super Moderator
2,123 Posts
Wow. So they are back reading the CANBus, or do they require a Bluetooth OBD II reader?

I can see a lot of retrofit screens going into older cars ...

·
Registered
52 Posts
There is no difference in iOS 16 Carplay (apart from additional wallpapers :D ).

What you're seeing on this video is a concept about future Carplay integrating more deeply into car systems, given that some car manufacturers will agree to let Apple doing so.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She keeps saying "this next generation of Carplay" in reference to what she is showing and under the banner of IOS 16. Mercedes is definitely on the list of available cars. She also says that vehicles will be announced late next year.
Maybe there are steps to this deeper integration. Maybe there is a generic integration step with an additional screen in IOS16, followed by the deep integration late next year, where you control the cluster too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts