Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the PCV valve is located? I have a check engine light on with a code P052e “positive crankcase ventilation regulator performance”

My dealer told me I need to replace the intake line “a2700901529”, which costs 1500... and they need to remove the engine mount And tilt the engine to install it.

The car drives fine, I haven’t noticed any issues but this is the third time the check engine light has come on so I know there’s a problem for sure.

Has anyone had similar issues and fixed at a cheaper cost? So frustrating...

·
Super Moderator
1,567 Posts
Crankcase ventilation should be considered a part of the emissions system and covered under extended warranty. Push on the dealer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crankcase ventilation should be considered a part of the emissions system and covered under extended warranty. Push on the dealer.
Sadly, I’ve put about 130k kilometres in my 2016 GLA and it’s completely tuned from the inside out ? I’m just hoping it’s something I can do elsewhere for cheaper. I’ll ask some repair shops and see I guess

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have a similar issue going on with CEL, which comes and goes. I think I understand the issue, basically there are two crankcase vent valves. One for the partial load and one for the high load. When I drive the car on highway after a couple of time CEL turns Off. When I drive the car locally CEL comes ON. This suggests my partial load crankcase vent valve has gone bad. If just the partial load valve has gone bad, not sure if the whole intake line needs to be replaced. Could you tell how were you able to resolve the issue?

Note: I have a 2014 CLA250 with 105K miles on.

Thanks!

Sadly, I’ve put about 130k kilometres in my 2016 GLA and it’s completely tuned from the inside out ? I’m just hoping it’s something I can do elsewhere for cheaper. I’ll ask some repair shops and see I guess

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any update on this issue? I have a 2014 CLA 250 with the same PCV performance error.
Since the parts were expensive at the dealer, I salvaged them off of a crashed car at the junkyard. I understand the entire air intake line needs to be replaced. The oil separator and oil filter coming off of the engine vent(which is at the back of the engine),feeds in the turbo intake as shown by the diagrams. Does anyone have the steps to do it? I know there are some electronics involved. Trying to be very careful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts