Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my GLA250 my passenger electric mirroir is out of allignment, does anyone know of a way for me to realligne the mirroir so that it can open normally once the car is started.

Thanks

·
Registered
569 Posts
If it was bumped and knocked out of it place all you have to do is just pull it back into place. There is a notch that you will feel when it is back in place.

·
Registered
223 Posts
The "break away" side mirrors do so not only as a pedestrian safety feature but to also help protect the mirror housing itself. As unnerving as it is to force something on your vehicle you will find that it will reseat in its detent with moderate pressure.
Case in point tho' for why I always lock the doors and thereby auto-retract those mirrors when parking, even in my own driveway.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The "break away" side mirrors do so not only as a pedestrian safety feature but to also help protect the mirror housing itself. As unnerving as it is to force something on your vehicle you will find that it will reseat in its detent with moderate pressure.
Case in point tho' for why I always lock the doors and thereby auto-retract those mirrors when parking, even in my own driveway.
Great info, I am new with Mercedes and loving every minute of it.

Thanks again

·
Registered
223 Posts
LOL (sic) Lally column fixed type post "bollards" for your driveway or favorite parking spot? I'd prefer them in supermarket parking lots where it's always a roll of the dice as to whether someone will carelessly open a door or brush by your vehicle. We recently discovered a new ding in the driver's side door and soon after delivery received a rear bumper scrape. :(

·
Registered
569 Posts
LOL (sic) Lally column fixed type post "bollards" for your driveway or favorite parking spot? I'd prefer them in supermarket parking lots where it's always a roll of the dice as to whether someone will carelessly open a door or brush by your vehicle. We recently discovered a new ding in the driver's side door and soon after delivery received a rear bumper scrape. :(
Time to find a paintless dent repair person. They have removed a few door dings for me over time. Never know it was there. As long the paint is not chipped or it is in a sharp bend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts