Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,
When you shot off the car without pressing park button first, the car goes in neutral instead of park.
so it started to roll on me with car being shut off.
i have to press park button after its turned off.
Prius never did it. its went straight to park when shot off.

Thanks,
C

·
Registered
608 Posts
That could be one of the differences between a Prius and a GLA. Another one is trying to use the shifter stalk to run the wipers.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I guess the thinking is that if you're driving and the engine shuts off that you don't want to slam into park but keep rolling...but I'd also think that the computer would be smart enough to know the difference. If you open the door, it will go into park.
Either way, why would you shut off the car before putting it in park? Or shut it off with your foot off the brake pedal?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its just a habit after driving prius, to turn off the car when you got home, instead of pressing park and after power.
if you press park while driving in prius ,car just beeps as warning, so no problem.
I am sure it will happen in gla if u press by mistake.
C

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cars should do what the driver tells them to do, not what some engineer thought the driver would want them to do. (Just my opinion)
All of these attempts to correct for poor driving behavior by making something happen "automatically" just lead to confusion and
accidents.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts