Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the maintenance routine for the GLA Panoramic Roof and would you mind sharing it?

I have a GLA45. I'm due for a B service (3rd B service 58K Miles on the car).

I'm going to have a German car shop do the air filter. oil change, brake fluid change and inspect the car for me. I like to keep a good working relationship with local shops.
I am going to to the wipers, and cabin filter myself, and it is due for a panoramic roof service. I found a C class pano roof instruction sheet on line but would like to know if the GLA has one in case it's different.

I also need to know if I can use something other than the $95 dollar a can Mercedes lube.

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
412 Posts
You have to ensure the pano-roof channel drain lines are clear of debris. Generally vacuum and then low pressure air and/or water typically does the trick; don't dislodge the drain interior piping with high pressure! Then when dry (leaf blower is good) lubricate any metal-on-metal surfaces and alignment mechanisms with a quality silicone-based lube.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I got the Mobil1 synthetic lube and followed these steps (different car/same process)

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
412 Posts
Good find Itsmemagic

Note to be Very Careful inserting anything into the drain line(s)!!

btw: I use Gummi Pflege Stift [Rubber Care Pen] on many such surfaces to maintain flexibility and extend life.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’d like to advise you that the panoramic roof is very sensitive to dirt and sand and such debris my roof stopped working properly because the dealership decided to not bother with servicing the car properly so That’s how I discovered that such things are routinely carried out.

·
Super Moderator
412 Posts
Yes, Panoroof maintenance, by dealerships and owners alike, is one of the most neglected preventive maintenance items.

Another insightful YT:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts