Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first drove off this morning around 8:00 am, the outdoor temperature reading on the multifunction display was 67 degrees F. From then up to about 1:30 pm, when the outdoor temperature was around 80 degrees F, the reading remained stuck at 67. During that time I made six separate trips, so turning the engine off and restarting did not help to reboot the thermometer. This has happened before occasionally starting maybe a month or two ago. It's not just an M-B phenomenon. My 2008 Mazda CX-9 does the same thing from time to time.

Has anyone else experienced this and is there some magic quick fix whenever it occurs? Is it a specific fault or part that is the cause, or just something one has to live with? :(

·
Registered
816 Posts
Sounds like a sensor failure… warranty will take care of it. Since it is a non critical failure can you wait until you have a service requirement for other items (oil change etc.) so you do not have to go thru the hassle of two trips to the dealership.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, yes I will mention it at my next (first ) service. My one concern is that it is an intermittent problem. I believe as a rule, if the dealer cannot reproduce the problem or otherwise prove the part is faulty, they typically don't get reimbursed by the mfr for the warranty repair, thus won't do anything about it. I've read that the more helpful guys will go ahead and fry an electronic part by running a current through it and submit it to the mfr for reimbursement, if they can't otherwise observe a fault.

In a similar regard, I'm grateful for owners forums as I had an intermittent rear seat fan problem with my Mazda and a search of an owners forum found a post identifying the problem, the specific technical service bulletin and even photos of where the faulty relay could be found. Without that information in hand, I almost certainly would have been powerless in getting that problem fixed under the warranty that was about to expire, especially since my service writer that day was a jerk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts