Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had planned on buying a new car toward the end of 2015. Once I saw the GLA the search was over! Stick a fork in me...

I am going to need to order one to my specs, and the dealer recently told me it takes about 4 months to arrive once the order is placed. He said they can time it to arrive in Oct/Nov 2015.

Then my mind says "won't the 2016's be coming..."

Does anyone know when the 2016's will be arriving at dealerships? I feel that if I take delivery of a 2015 at the end of the year it's almost like the car will be a year old in car years already. Maybe I should just wait to order a 2016?

Thanks in advance for the advice. I've never ordered a car before. It's great to have a group to bounce ideas off of. I get panicked asking too many questions at the dealership because I don't know if they are telling me the truth, or telling me what will make the biggest profit for them...
Jen

·
Registered
63 Posts
Jen, you are wise to be skeptical of the dealership, known in these parts as the stealership. I also think you would be well advised to wait for the next model year if your car will not arrive until fall. I will be ordering a 2016 and really hope they deal with the issue of road noise. In any event I plan to investigate after market solutions for sound deadening. The local auto stereo guys install Dynamat, talking with them later today.

Good luck with your purchase. I'm sure you will love it

·
Registered
67 Posts
Wait for the 2016 model! That will be your best bet. The only thing is that your wait will become a bit longer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My GLA arrived in port yesterday. I factory ordered the 1st week of February.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So about 7 weeks +/- . That is not so bad! My dealer (SW Florida) estimated 4 months - probably so people aren't bugging them...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anyone know when I will be able to order a 2016? I don't want to keep asking the salesman stuff...he will think I am too eager!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm guessing around sometime in fall, maybe later. Only with time will we know for sure. I'd say in the next couple months we'll have a better idea and when ordering will be available.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Does anyone know when I will be able to order a 2016? I don't want to keep asking the salesman stuff...he will think I am too eager!
Not sure why you can't order now. I placed an order in mid-June, 2016 GLA was built on 5 September, heading west to be in the California MB reception center on or about 9 Oct, then onward to Hawaii arriving around late October/early November. Believe my order filled one of the dealer's allocated early production slots. The only hitch to the early ordering was final price could not be pinned down plus a large non-refundable deposit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.