Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2015 GLA 4matic
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize I may be going over the edge here, so feel free to express your disgust if you don't like it! I'm still experimenting with color schemes and alternatives to the fake chrome. So, I used more of the Matte Orange 3m 2080 wrap to cover the little chrome ribs and star. It might look better if I blacked out some of the stuff that's currently silver. Maybe blackout the badge instead of making it orange? I don't know. I'll keep tweaking it...

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Land vehicle Car Wheel Vehicle
Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting Hood
Land vehicle Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
2015 GLA 4matic
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Tire Wheel

Yeah, I know this is a permutation of something on the path towards something else. I HAVE been saying that I wanted to be more conspicuous on the road...I never said "pretty"! In the meantime, I just had to make the rear match the front... Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Tire Wheel

·
Registered
188 Posts
Oh jeez, I don’t know about all that. Something about the matte or the orange color looks cheap.. reminds me of a teenagers Honda after they raided Autozone’s ‘aftermarket’ isle lol. All the areas look good to wrap tho, so I’m sure there’s a color that could be pulled off.

Btw, will you change it to green/red for Xmas and put some reindeer horns on the A-pillars and a Rudolph nose on the star? Haha, I kid.. kind of…

·
Registered
2015 GLA 4matic
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I agree. I think it looks like masking tape. I was so thrilled with how the orange looked on the black mirrors, but more of a good thing was...not.

It has been fun to get ideas and practice, especially knowing that all of this can be undone very easily. Red and green for Christmas, YESSS!!!

·
Registered
GLA180 AMG line auto
2 Posts
View attachment 27212
Yeah, I know this is a permutation of something on the path towards something else. I HAVE been saying that I wanted to be more conspicuous on the road...I never said "pretty"! In the meantime, I just had to make the rear match the front... View attachment 27212
Hi, ....
Maybe if I may make a suggestion.... the top strip you should try red or silver, coz I think it will look like a continuation of the lights..and for the bumper strip .... I will say black , that will look good, ....keeping the black and white theme..

·
Registered
GLA180 AMG line auto
2 Posts
I realize I may be going over the edge here, so feel free to express your disgust if you don't like it! I'm still experimenting with color schemes and alternatives to the fake chrome. So, I used more of the Matte Orange 3m 2080 wrap to cover the little chrome ribs and star. It might look better if I blacked out some of the stuff that's currently silver. Maybe blackout the badge instead of making it orange? I don't know. I'll keep tweaking it...

View attachment 27207 View attachment 27208 View attachment 27209 View attachment 27210
The front of your car would look nice if you wrapped those bits in white, that would make a good contrast of white and black ....!!!!

·
Registered
2015 GLA 4matic
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi, ....
Maybe if I may make a suggestion.... the top strip you should try red or silver, coz I think it will look like a continuation of the lights..and for the bumper strip .... I will say black , that will look good, ....keeping the black and white theme..
Great ideas! I definitely think the bumper strip looks weird, but I hated it as chrome too. It being hard plastic is very impractical anyway. So, I have ordered a universal black rubber sill protector and give that a try instead. You're right about some other color that continues the lights would look better and I'll keep thinking about that one. In the meantime, I still like the orange much better than the fake chrome. The badge is off already, waiting for the matte back one to be installed (need new grommets). Fun, fun...

·
Registered
2015 GLA 4matic
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rev 2: I removed that hard plastic trim (see my other post on how to do that if you're interested) and replaced it with a rubber bumper guard that covers and protects the whole top of the bumper. The bumper guard was only $13 on Amazon (note that the 32" version didn't quite cover the holes on the bumper so I went with the 38" version). I must admit, I'm liking the orange bar between the taillights much more now. Of course, that might be because I have to live with it all winter no matter what now---it'll be too cold to do any vinyl wrapping outside until spring. Now I have to figure out how to make the front not look so comical. I guess I have some time to figure that one out!
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate

1 - 10 of 10 Posts