Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GLA45 AMG
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks. Well, in my search throughout the engine bay of my new AMG and the internet, I was unable to find the oil filter. I eventually found it underneath the engine near the front. Please see photo.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Outside of the factory, this is the first posting on the internet. I am so proud.

·
Super Moderator
1,947 Posts
For anyone not familiar with German oil filters these things are not obvious. Now which drain plug is motor oil and which one is the transmission ...

·
Registered
2021 GLA45 AMG
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
For anyone not familiar with German oil filters these things are not obvious. Now which drain plug is motor oil and which one is the transmission ...
Wayne, the hex bolt which screws into the waffle patterned pan is for the oil. I know this because the dealership and/or factory overfilled the engine oil by 1 quart. When I drained it, the oil level came back to level with maximum. The drain for the transmission is not visible in this photo.

This was my welcome to the new M 139 engine. It was interesting to find this since every manual and YouTube video I saw was not correlating to what I was seeing.

·
Super Moderator
690 Posts
Oh, I made that mistake ... once!! o_O

1 - 5 of 5 Posts