Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
So unless YOU ACTUALLY WATCH them do it from start to finish......you JUST DO NOT KNOW FOR SURE!!!

I insisted on my first A service that they drain from the bottom. I looked at the invoice when I got home; I did not see a charge for a new washer and called them. They told me that they had indeed drained from the bottom and the service included the washer. I'm not sure I believe them. For the first B service I said do it any way you want. I'm not keeping the car past the warranty and if it blows up before, it's on them.

·
Registered
609 Posts
The service departments all seem to have a sign that says, in effect, no civilians allowed past this point, due to insurance concerns.

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
My dealership has a large window in the waiting area where you can see into the shop. It is not up close on some but you can see whats going on.

Watch for the car to be moved from the shop over to the wash I catch the tech as he is returning if I have a question.

·
Read Only
74 Posts
Due to severe limitations at my condo I will be using the topside method pretty much exclusively. First one will be in another 4k miles, so I will report back on the amount I get. However, assuming that the filter catches any bad stuff, and I'm cutting the intervals in 1/2, I'm not too worried.

To the others point about the Stealerships, I would also assume they are using incredibly short drain times should they actually choose this method. At that point it's a wash.

Ps. New to the forum and new to AMG ;)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts