Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2018 AMG GLA45
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Audi, I had OBD Eleven, which reads all OBD and allows coding changes to some basic things like inspection reminder reset, turn off seatbelt chimes, etc. Is there an equivalent for Benz?

·
Registered
153 Posts
It is the XENTRY.
But the recoding functions are restricted in the units that are at prices available to us.
you can reset intervals and most importantly log, teach units, etc.
by example:
For a C63, once you have the cams out for replacement, before the car can run right, the cams have to be RE initialized. This is called teaching. The XENTRY can do this for you.
It if you want to RE code the maximum speed, yes you will se where this is done but greyed out.
You have to connect to the servers in Stuttgart to have permission to do that kind of stuff.
I have a XENTRY that works on my GLA but it was meant to work on all Mercedes, I think till 2017, so my vin number it doesn’t recognize.
so I plan to sell my rig and buy a newer one.
I will probably sell it early next year.
alternately, but an Autel Tablet.
the key there is to not buy the cheaper ones. They will deal with every car and have access to all systems but won’t have actuation capabilities to do teaching, unless you buy like a $1000 Autel Tablet. I would say the Elite series has teaching capabilities.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts