Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm in SouthWest Florida and my dealer said they will have a FWD model for me to test drive sometime in the next week or so. If I like it, I'm going to order one in Northern Lights Violet Metallic. Here's the problem: I won't be able to see the actual color - in person - on a car. They don't even have a paint chip that I can see. "It's not for our market... blah blah." I am terrified to order sight unseen. Has anyone out there seen this car color in person? Giant raisin? Big purple dinosaur? The GLA brochure has a sample in the back but it's a printed color. Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the forum!

I live in Jupiter Florida (the right coast >:D ) and have a GLA on order thru Mercedes Benz of Palm Beach Florida. While looking at various GLA's they did have a Northern Lights Violet one in stock. It stood out from the mass of white/black/silver Benz's due to the before mentioned colors being the most popular (being new to Florida I am still amazed that black is the #1 color down here).

My impression of Northern Lights:
-Dark color unless in bright sun light
-very metallic and sparkles in the sun
-would be a unique color and certainly stand out
-clean and detailed would be very nice, but being a darker color will show dirt/dust (or our fine sand down here) more than a lighter color

When we ordered our GLA45 we ordered it with South Seas Blue (after seeing a GLA250 in that color we fell for it instantly). The sales manager said that was an unusual color selection since all the GLA45s ordered were black, polar silver, white, red or designo gray (more popular to less so) BUT no one has order one in South Seas Blue. That clinched it! when 'no one has ordered…'

I think Northern Lights would make for a unique color for you and it is a rich color and if you do not mind a dark paint then go for it.

So, from a variation of Andrew Zimmern…'if it looks good, choose it'

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha Ha - thanks for the encouragement! I'm gonna go for it. I was pushed towards doing it when the salesman said "it would never sell in this market". I replied "play your cards right and you might sell one to me!"

I hope I am the only one in town that has the violet color!
Jen

I'm in Naples - I may just take a drive to PBG to see the color next weekend.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I'm in Naples - I may just take a drive to PBG to see the color next weekend.

I saw the a GLA in that color there about 3 months ago…it is long gone, but to make sure I just checked the new car inventories Mercedes Benz of Palm Beach (have a southern and northern location) and they do have a CLA250 in the Northern Lights Violet color. If you want to see, call them to make sure WHICH location the car is inventoried.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have seen a CLA with the Northern Lights Violet and it's fairly subdued. In the shade it looks like it's black, but in bright sunlight the purple comes out but never too much.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's a fabulous colour, we got it 4 weeks ago.. I almost looks Black, but in the sunshine it gleams violet, almost like a super fresh egg plant (aubergine)...

·
Super Moderator
1,900 Posts
Beautiful color but it was discontinued for the 2017 model year. It's too late to order a 2016. My wife had to settle for black.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts