Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning
Gla 250.Just found out that I have no sound.diagnostic text says it鈥檚 sound amplifier. MB dealer asking over $900 for the replacement馃槵.Is anyone tried to fix/replace the issue by himself?!?..if yes, how complicated it is

Registered
dang. Do you have the HK system?

The challenge with HK is the amplifier contains the MOST decoder. Otherwise, you got nothing because the signal is all optical until the amp.

An aftermarket solution is in the $300 range for just the decoder. Then you have to add another amp on top of that.

Replacing the amp yourself is about as hard as plugging in your iphone to charge at night. you might consider buying the part either new or from a crashed car part-out and putting it in yourself. Dealer will have to confirm if it is a theft relevant part. If it is, you are SOL and it's the $900 or aftermarket solution.

If you don't have the HK system, I don't know. You can disregard the above though, it won't apply.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good morning.
Make a long story short, it was sound amplifier.
An original MB part was ordered from local supplier for a bit over $200 and installed in 12 shot minutes.
Whiterabbitt you were totally right saying that installing process was as easy as plugging in a phone to a charger.
No third party (car dealer)involved needed in this case.
Thank you
Have a good day.

Registered
Good morning.
Make a long story short, it was sound amplifier.
An original MB part was ordered from local supplier for a bit over $200 and installed in 12 shot minutes.
Whiterabbitt you were totally right saying that installing process was as easy as plugging in a phone to a charger.
No third party (car dealer)involved needed in this case.
Thank you
Have a good day.

My stock HK amplifier just died, where could I source one? How do I know it's the right amp? Was any reprograming required?
Thanks!

Registered
Start by giving details: What year GLA, what market, what options.
Once you do that, people will tell you where the amp is. If you have a 2017-2019, it will be in the trunk, in the spare wheel well.
Go there and remove the amp. Read the part number, it is printed small right after a MB symbol. If you're not sure, post a picture of what you've read, for confirmation.
Then take that part number and google prices.
Buy it.
Try plugging in.
If a reprogram is necessary, go to dealer and ask for reprogram only, probably 1 hour at dealer billing rate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts