Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Came home last night and my other half said the car wouldn't lock, when looking at it the whole car has no power whatsoever.

Nothing when the doors open, no interior lighting apart from one orange light on the radio on off switch and the rear license plate light (not on now), nothing happens when the push start is pressed and nothing if I try use the key. there was an odd noise from the engine bay on the Drivers side (UK) the was like a cat purring, but not as eloquently. like 4 or 5 clicks every 5 seconds, this has also stopped now.

She was driving it a couple of hours before and its in daily use, its feels like more than the battery to me.

Im waiting to borrow a jump start pack but anyone have any ideas?

Thankfully I'm 8 days within the warranty from the dealer i bought it from!

Thanks in advance

James

·
657 Posts
You might try to jump-start it. You do not state what year it is, you might end up buying a new battery. Get it back before your warranty runs out.

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
It would be great to have some details ...

Voltage at battery.

How often car has been driven.

How far on each drive.

Year of car.

Outside temperature.

Age of battery.

Anything else you can think of.

Not all of the above would be essential but when troubleshooting it's hard to have too much information. Especially for remote troubleshooting.

My guess is the car isn't used often and when used it's short trips and the combination of starting loads and off state parasitic losses your battery is below 9 VDC. Note the first data point above.

Voltmeters are fairly cheap. One of these and an OBD II reader should be in every driver's tool box IMHO. Add duck (not duct which is metal) tape and vice grips and you can fix almost anything!!!!!!!

·
657 Posts
Add duck (not duct which is metal) tape and vice grips and you can fix almost anything!!!!!!!
If it moves and not suppose to move, Duck Tape it. If it does not move and should move it time for WD40.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts