Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking into a GLA 250 for a while. This site has been a great resource. I finally did a test drive today and I was very disappointed with the handling. I think I scared the salesman when I changed lanes between to cars while accelerating:D. All four tires screamed and it almost felt like the car was going to role over, once when I changed lanes and again when I straitened out. Please tell me if this is just the run flat tires. Can anybody that has replaced the 18" run flats with decent all seasons tell me that the handling would be acceptable?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the run flats and just came back from a mountain run with some switchbacks. A little busy to check speed but nothing came close to keeping up with me; and believe me they tried. Never a feeling of roll, in fact exactly the opposite.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe I just pushed it too hard. I was going about 35 mph and accelerating towards 45-50 mph. I just experimented with my A5, and to be fair I did the same thing, but at 60 mph accelerating towards 70 mph. No tire squeal and no body roll. I understand this is not an every day maneuver with a car, but when I test drive a car I like to push it to the limits, and for what ever reason I pushed this GLA too far. I was hoping it was just the tires and someone that has switched to non run flats could confirm.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Was your test drive with front drive or the 4MATIC? Although it doesn't handle like a sports vehicle, we are enjoying our new GLA250 4MATIC. I have adjusted the air pressure in mine, as they had 39 lbs psi in all tires....dropped down to 30-31 lbs psi and what a difference.....check the tire pressure next test drive....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was a 4-Matic. It was also the VIP loaner with 8000 miles, the last GLA 250 left at the dealer. Maybe the tires where worn out. The dealer is asking 37K for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts